Homebrew got a free wii from a friend, looking to play ds/gba games.

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no hacks or anything on it at this point but i'm planning on homebrewing it. i'd like to be able to play ds/gba games on it more than probably anything else i'd be doing with it, so can anybody recommend emulators? i've heard of vbagx and mgba but wasn't sure which one would be better/more stable for the gba side, and wanted to know how ds emulation was looking on the wii, if it was even worth attempting, etc. so if anyone had any input it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks :*)

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS emulation on Wii is nothing more than experimental, you'll be lucky if you can get a game to run 5 minutes without major issues.

As for GBA, you absolutely want the latest build of mGBA. It has rendered VBAGX completely and utterly obsolete for 99% of GBA games.

Reactions: jaderocc

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
no hacks or anything on it at this point but i'm planning on homebrewing it. i'd like to be able to play ds/gba games on it more than probably anything else i'd be doing with it, so can anybody recommend emulators? i've heard of vbagx and mgba but wasn't sure which one would be better/more stable for the gba side, and wanted to know how ds emulation was looking on the wii, if it was even worth attempting, etc. so if anyone had any input it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks :*)
Use mGBA for GBA games, no contest there. Use VBA GX for DMG/GBC if you need Super Game Boy borders, or if you like screenshot/cartridge/box previews for the games on the menu. If you don't, then just use mGBA for everything.

DS emulation on the Wii it's more of a Proof-of-Concept than anything else, so you won't be able to enjoy it per se, it's really slow and compatibility is low

Reactions: jaderocc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls