Hacking Got a few weird problems

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: For the first time ever, when i was trying to copy a game(house of the dead) from dvd-rw, to dvd-r so i could re-use the DVD-rw, nero refused to copy it. gave an error. Anyone know why? Not a big problem, i just have more -rs than -rws. I can spare this one though.

2: Neither boom blox, nor rayman raving rabbids seem to work for me. Just get a black screen(this has happened to me before as well, with brawl, call of duty. feel like im forgetting some others)

3: After a bit of searching, i found out why(or thought, at least) why my animal crossing: CF, didn't work. After loading the proper wad after a bit of searching, it still does not work. But instead of a black screen, it tells me to turn off the wii(well, it's in japanese. but i see "OFF!" in the middle of it all.

And after a couple restarts, and a re-burn(searched around and found someone with a similar problem with ACCF on gbatemp, was told to re-burn), some more restarts, it still doesn't work.

Specs:

All games are ntsc-U patched to ntsc-J via wiifrii
All games brickblocked via w.i.u1.2
All games have had 001 error removed if they had them
All DVDs are Verbatim, burned at 4x. Spare the second burn of ACCF, which was burned at 2x.
All games burned onto DVD-RW
Wii is firmware 3.2j
Modded with wiikey1.9s
Loading from disk channel(after about 6 different games being tried on both gamma, and gecko, i found they just won't work on my wii. perhaps because i seem to be unable to install IOS21)

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another weird problem in the event someone knows my solution.
After seeing how animal crossing worked with a new wad installed, and seeing im missing some others (i.e IOS21) would installing another WAD get brawl to work?

Also, anyone know a different way than wadmanager to get IOS21 on my wii? As it doesn't seem to work for me. It did however work for the animal crossing, perhaps i got a bum IOS?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
to get all your neccesary IOS on your Wii, just perform an update thru the Wii Settings and you'll be fine, there is no other way to install wads on your Wii, but Wad Manager, and those kind of error are caused by bad burns/media, even verbatim sold a bad batch of indian and taiwanesse DVD's, check on ImgBurn for tht disc ID MCC-00 something, otherwise you have a crappy media

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii dvds spin backwards in wii drives, hence you can not read a wii dvd in nero or on a computer, unless you have a supported drive im sure you could search here n find the right one, you have to use dvd dumper to rip the dvds from the wii's dvdx drive. also try a sony dvd-r. you can use RW's but most are very buggy. if all else fails make sure you have all necessary ios's

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
wii dvds spin backwards in wii drives, hence you can not read a wii dvd in nero or on a computer, unless you have a supported drive im sure you could search here n find the right one, you have to use dvd dumper to rip the dvds from the wii's dvdx drive. also try a sony dvd-r. you can use RW's but most are very buggy. if all else fails make sure you have all necessary ios's

All DVDs spin the same direction....you ever open up a Wii and see for yourself?

The LG drives are the ones that can read Wii discs. They still spin the same direction to read the discs.

The Wii can read DVD movies as well, and those discs spin the same direction.

Your logic / information is flawed.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
Xbox1 DVD Drives spin backwards? But yes thats not the case with Wii's
xbox1 DVD drives are just off the shelf philips samsung and 1 other brand DVD drives. no DVD drive spins backwards. who said that in the 1st place lol. people just making anything up these days.

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiBlaster said:
I remember pretty well that the Xbox1 dvd's ran backwards.

http://home.comcast.net/~admiral_powerslave/dvddrives.html

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=40896

People just say anything these days.lol

Damn i modded more xbox's then all other consoles, still have 3 xbox's at home here, but in no way the xbox drive spins backwards, i've opend up the dvd drive millions of times, also with a chip in your xbox or a firmware flash you can also use some brands of pc dvd players to play burned games(there's even one that could be flashed so that it could play originals) and read divx or dvd's alltough without flasing that drive my xbmc plays everything but couldn't extract stuff to the hdd.
So this is BULLLLLLLLLLLLLL
and if someone questions this i will openup the dvd drive and make a movie out of it so that we won't be arguing bout SHIT.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well fine, maybe i'm wrong, But still my main point is, I dont just make shit up, This is something i have read on Many websites I have a couple of modded xbox's myself, But i'm not going to be taking any of them apart to prove a point

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiBlaster said:
Well fine, maybe i'm wrong, But still my main point is, I dont just make shit up, This is something i have read on Many websites I have a couple of modded xbox's myself, But i'm not going to be taking any of them apart to prove a point

i know your not making yhis up, but thr people from those posts just got it wrong. since i almost never put screws back in place on my pc and xboxes it,ll be easy to openup and show. anyone know where i can upload a movie to show?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: