Hacking Got a burned game for my chipped Wii, why wont it work?

Elverg47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the game is burned on DVD-R (The game is Modern Warfare Reflex) and it's PAL version. My wii is Chipped already, though no idea what brand the chip is (ex. Wiikey), so naturally I wouldn't know whether or not the chip has regional override (My wii is CAN/US). Well, I got the game from someone else (DID NOT burn it myself) and when I put it in the wii the disk channel said Unable to Read disks. Can anyone help me?

PS. How the hell do you delete topics?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely the modchip. It doesn't have region-free enabled. This is why it's saying it's unable to be read. Contact whoever you got the wii from and ask what modchip is in it. Also, you really should read up on homebrew and softmods, as it's more modern and updated.

Elverg47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Wii is new enough, gotten it only a few months ago.

I have other burned games that work perfectly with my chipped Wii. When I asked the guy what the modchip was called he said something called Drien. We were taking on phone and he spoke unclear english so it might have been something else, I dunno.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mainly the only way to survive on the Wii hacking forum here is to have at least the Homebrew Channel installed...

System Menu?

Go check wiibrew.org for how to set up homebrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one