got a 6.2.0-12u can really use some help about CFW and stuff

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by soulskeeper, Dec 13, 2015.

1. soulskeeper
    OP

soulskeeper GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2007
    Iceland
    Hi guys, I finally got my O3ds XL SYSnand 6.2.0-12u although I read a lot about what needs to be done I don't want to make any mistakes and I will appreciate if you guys could help me step by step about everything that needs to be done from the initial back of the original SYSnand to how to upgrade to 9.2,how to use and update EMUnand and how exactly to use and apply CFW and cia's for online play(I got like 8 games to extract the header or whatever it is, would like to know about that too)

I really don't want to brick my console would love some help <3!

feel free to add anything I forgot to mention, as I said I never done it before

PS- I got a sky3ds

[​IMG]

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
  3. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Yeah what @Quantumcat said setup rxTools and sell that Sky3DS on Criagslist for an inflated price (or what it cost to buy).

4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Well you're likely to make a big loss as the Sky3DS+ came out recently so no one is going to want to buy a red/blue button. If it were me I'd probably hang onto it, could be useful later if an exploit needing a game is ever released.

Ammako likes this.
  5. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    People on craigslist are stupid and more than likely have never heard of the card.

6. soulskeeper
    OP

Aug 16, 2007
    Iceland
  7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    By the way, don't need private headers for digital games.

I agree, always good to always have a Cubic Ninja/OoT on hand that works for any 3DS region and version.

8. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    That guide covers every possibility, you only need to follow the sections applicable to you.

9. soulskeeper
    OP

Aug 16, 2007
    Iceland
    digitial games as Cia?(just want to make sure)
    if so I can just install them on my 3ds and play online without worrying about getting banned?(also games like pokemon x and smash bros)

10. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Nope this is the tutorial every uses you'll be fine jut follow it word for word if you're stuck ask in the thread.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

CIA's dont use headers at all you wont get banned so long as you don't cheat and use CIA updates (get them from the eShop).

11. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes CIA files don't need headers, you only need private headers when using Sky3DS or Gateway to play online.

12. soulskeeper
    OP

Aug 16, 2007
    Iceland
    what if I am just downloading the cia from the web and installing it, would it still be ok?(not through Eshop) if it's even possible

13. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Doesn't matter it's safe CIA's use your console ID as the header you can download any game you want even out of region games.

Quantumcat likes this.
  14. soulskeeper
    OP

Aug 16, 2007
    Iceland
    in step one there is this section:

"7. Turn off 3DS/2DS, and restore your sd card backup. Now go to step 2."
    it means I should overwrite everything on the sd card with all the files I have backed up in section 5?:

"5. Also, make a backup of all your sd card contents (especially the Nintendo 3DS folder)"

15. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes - after you format emuNAND, everything on yor SD card is erased but launcher.dat. Leave it on there if you might want to use the Gateway menu again, but if not you can delete it.

16. soulskeeper
    OP

Aug 16, 2007
    Iceland
    in the section:"Emunand Information"
    they talk about to unlink your sys and emu nands, but when they do that they reset the sysnand,

wouldn't It be better to reset the emunand instead?

17. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I'm not entirely sure of the specifics, but the guide tells you to remove the SD card before formatting.
    emunand is on the SD card, you can't do that while formatting emunand. :P

18. soulskeeper
    OP

Aug 16, 2007
    Iceland
    yeah exectly lol, but in the thread the linked before the explanation:"Some users report their sysnand still being updated following the below steps. Unlinking your nands before attempting to update may avoid this. Please read this post before deciding to unlink nands: http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/(Please, please, pleasseee read this!)."

he talks about how he prefers to reset the emunand instead, isn't he?:"However, there is a way to keep your eshop saves. Read on if you'd like to know how.
    My recommendation is to format EmuNAND, because there's a much lower chance
    that you'll lose things from your system NAND that way
    "

kiwiis likes this.
  19. soulskeeper
    OP

Aug 16, 2007
    Iceland
    so no one knows anything about that? I want to finish the process so ill be able to use the 3ds XD..

20. Midvoc

Midvoc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2015
    Soulskeeper - he is talking about keeping your eshop saves by formatting emunand in his guide.

Your situation is you have a virgin 3ds xl (no eshop saves...nada... nowt.... nothing) - so you just follow his normal instructions to unlink the nands.

Best Regards