Hacking Got a 3ds and a R4i 3ds Gold (r4ids.cn)

Triumph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a 3DS and a R4i 3DS Gold card (r4ids.cn) FC.

My 3ds is on 2.2.0-0U (From the Super Mario World 3D Game)

I currently have Wood 1.42 on the R4i to play NDS games. (It shows the Spongebob icon with three lines of chinese/japanese writing.)

I want to update my 3DS to the latest version 3.0.0-6 but want to keep the ability to use the R4i Gold card.

How do I do this? I have been reading this forum for a few hours now, and I can't seem to find anything about updating. I there an update .nds file to use? do I just update normally from Nintendo's servers?

Also, I don't have eshop on the 3DS screen at all. I've read that having 2.0 should have installed eshop? Is there another way to get eshop on the 3DS?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If it supports 3ds firmware 2.2.0-4, it should already support every 3ds firmware up to the latest one. (you can read about it on their official website). You can also get updates for the bootloader on their official website, so whenever a 3ds update is released, check there.

An easy way to tell if your cart is compatible with the firmware is by the game icon, so it'd help if you can provide what the game icon is. I don't know what the icon is supposed to be for the 2.2.0-4 update, so maybe somebody else can help you on that, though.

Triumph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, thanks s4mid4re, I have the spongebob bootloader.

I did find these posts by Buleste that I think has answered my question:

This is where it gets confusing.

For older models of the r4ids.cn 3DS the Spongbob with oriental writing id the latest bootloader however for some of the newer r4ids.cn 3DS carts the bootloader is Dorasu. However carts with the Dorasu bootloader have issues with Wood (stuck on Loading and also they cannot use the ordinary Wood for r4idsn that you find on filetrip which works fine on the older models) and whilst they work on the latest 3.0.0-5 you cannot use the firmware updater to change the bootloader to the spongebob one.

The Dorasu on the new carts is working fine with the latest 3DS/DSi firmware as is the Spongebob with Asian writing for the older carts. The real fun will start when the next 3DS firmware comes out because we don't know if the update will work for all 3DS versions of the cart.

Triumph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update to help other n00bs and the community, I bit the bullet and updated from Nintendo's servers, updated to 3.0.0-6U just fine. (Still with the Spongebob Game Icon)

DS Games work just fine on 3.0.0-6U.

Also there is a free Zelda game in the eshop (4 swords) until Feb 20th. just an FYI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...