OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goomba Color 1-29-2008
Another small update
%5B1645%5Dgoombakirby.png

Two fixes. Download and changelog below.

[title:Changelog]* Fixed an IRQ issue that affected Final Fantasy Adventure
* Fixed junk graphics when backgrounds are supposed to be disabled

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dwedit has stated that he's porting Goomba Color to the DS (he even posted a screenshot of his emulator running on a DS emulator), but who knows when he'll release it. He seems to be trying to get it to a "final" state on the GBA first.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They each run some games that the other doesn't. GBC games usually run faster in Goomba in my experience, though many don't run at full speed in either emulator.

Lameboy has a fullscreen mode, Goomba doesn't. Goomba has SGB support, Lameboy doesn't.

Goomba requires you to pack the roms into the file with the emulator, Lameboy doesn't.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
test84 spams, Destructbot doesnt.

Thank you for your quick and precise reply.
the only problems I encountered with Lameboy was Cannon Fodder and Tomb Raiders, does Goomba show their intros ok?

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I've noticed, pocketNES and goomba have the best timing out of any emulator for NDS or PSP. however there are ancient bugs in goomba that have never been fixed (Awful sound in Kirby's Dream Land for example). Goomba is better for your gamesaves IMHO. Although savestates were removed in a version not too far back, saving your game in-game works well. Lameboy is clunky and if you forget to press X after you save you could be potentially surprised the next time you boot up. BUT it runs from your slot-1 card and doesnt require roms to be packaged in a single binary. My advice, get goomba if you have a slot2 card lying around and use that to play your GB games.

If that has been fixed I haven't heard about it so i apologize if I'm wrong. But i have been keeping up with updates. Been a while since i used em.

These sudden bursts of development are always promising. I really admire dwedit for picking Goomba up. Here's to hoping it will inspire any of the MIA coders like loopy or flubba to come back to long abandoned projects. I cant wait, but i'm not holding my breath, for the DS version.

If you're really hurting for some handheld GB/C action I cannot stress enough how great Masterboy for the PSP is. Thats how it should be done; it isnt "perfect" but you will never notice. Save states, pallets, GBA/GBC machine selection, screenshots, multiple video rendering options, plus near perfect sound and graphics, solid 60 fps. Oh and it also plays GG/SMS games too. That is if your able to get a PSP or not.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goomba doesn't even really emulate the sound at all. It merely passes all sound commands directly to the GBC sound chip that's contained in all GBA systems, including the DS in GBA mode. Dunno if your sound bugs can be fixed then, unless it's an error in the way the command is passed to the GBC sound chip.

I agree though, it's great to see development continue on this even though the GBA is slowing down in homebrew activity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol