Google to open its first Stadia video game studio in Montréal

stadia.jpg
Google is betting heavily on its cloud-based gaming platform Stadia. In a blog post today, Jade Raymond, VP and Head of Stadia Games & Entertainment, announced that the tech giant is opening its first dedicated video game studio in Montréal, Canada. This Stadia Games and Entertainment’s studio has been set up to "produce exclusive, original content across a diverse portfolio of games in all your favorite genres". The company has also opened job positions for this new branch.

Google Stadia is planned to release this November and with this news, we can expect some exclusives to hit the platform in the near future. What would you like to play on the Stadia?

:arrow: SOURCE

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not investing any of my time nor money into a project that I am pretty sure Google will get bored of and shutdown one day

Last edited by The Catboy,

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they actually manage to produce something worth playing I will play it.

I have extreme doubt that this new game studio will put out anything other than drivel.

You need talent and a vision to produce a good game and I think a giant soulless company is not interested in much beyond playing it safe.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they actually manage to produce something worth playing I will play it.

I have extreme doubt that this new game studio will put out anything other than drivel.

You need talent and a vision to produce a good game and I think a giant soulless company is not interested in much beyond playing it safe.
They could never produce something worth playing because the platform is not worth supporting. This is similar to Microsoft wanting windows to be completely online where the computers being sold do not have storage devices and so you would need to log on into your windows account to access your desktop online.

Reactions: weatMod

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally this would be the kind of thing you line up years before launch so you can actually release with some decent exclusives. Showing off a 1000 player BR in the initial announcement instead of speculating about it would've turned heads.. Now the genre will be dead by the time they get something likethat out.

It's as same as you watch films on Netflix, u pay for service, but you won't own of any films u watch.

If google offered a subscription to access everything, sure. But they aren't.

It is more like buy-to-play always-online games, which is all companies like Blizzard and Ubisoft seem interested in now.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to stream games, why would I choose Google over Microsoft? Microsoft has game pass, and their streaming service will be on a lot more platforms than Google's.
But competition is always good - so maybe this will make both services better in the long run.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But competition is always good - so maybe this will make both services better in the long run.
Yuh, I agree. But the person I quoted acted like people didn't want this service because "Google bad". So, I asked him, why should I choose Google Stadia, when Microsoft has a way better option at the moment? More devices, game pass, exclusives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...