Google makes official statement in regards to disappointment over visual fidelity of Stadia games

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 26, 2019.

1. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    >Corporations lie
    >People are surprised
    Why is anyone surprised at this? Corporations lie all the time to promote their product, just look at Apple for instance.

Ammako, zfreeman and Vorde like this.
  2. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    Google lied
    /thread.

Why is anyone surprised that google of all companies lied?

3. Cecilmax

Cecilmax GBAtemp Fan

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada

I didnt try Stadia yet and I don't like it. I like to own my games, not rent it. Stadia is like playing games in a internet coffee, paying 1h to play game to try it. Stadia just bring that to home instead. And im not talking about the input lag..

the_randomizer likes this.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    People love to put blind faith into lazy developers because of blind sycophancy. Pretty simple at the end of the day, really. Glad I never invested in such a half-assed product like Stadia. It should've been aborted from the get to. Had they actually put for effort, like, not botching it so badly, maybe I wouldn't be so hard on it.

5. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Considered lol shit I thought if Google gave stadia to you free you'd use the controller as fetch ball for a dog:lol:

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    google lied their asses off AGAIN and they thought no one would notice? :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Nov 28, 2019
  7. Hern4ndeZzz

Hern4ndeZzz Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2019
    Portugal
    I don't use Google services and I'm not going to start with an obvious train wreck like Stadia. Lousy company, overall.

8. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    • Whelp what do you expect, it's Google. Cloud gaming, a shitty idea from the start, being combined with a shitty company that turns everything they make to shit, and people are surprised
    • I know I say shit a lot but as quoted/paraphrased from famous YouTuber avgn, "look at it, it's shit! You'd think we'd be talking about butterflies or something, No! We see shit, we're talking shit!"

9. Ammako

Ammako I like cake.

Dec 22, 2009
    Antarctica
    For some reason, when it comes to gaming, people love to spend their money blindly, even when you can easily just wait and within a day of release you know whether it's worth buying or not.

the_randomizer likes this.
  10. 64bitmodels

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    Yeah lol. It happened with Sword and Shield, it happened with Sonic 06, it basically happens with all bad games. Fanboys like to spend their money day one on shitty products. This is why gaming kinda sucks nowadays.

11. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    Something that can be said about majority of Stadia's features at the moment

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

A lot of players seem to enjoy Sword and Shield and not consider it a "bad purchase" though, if judging by subreddits/streams/letsplays/forums - if anything, the most vocal complainers are those who didn't buy or play the thing :D

Last edited by Pipistrele, Nov 28, 2019
    Tiger21820 likes this.
  12. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Waiting for the inevitable cancellation of the setup because of the algorithms in 5... 4...

13. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Oh go piss up a rope, but please, keep on sucking Google's wang you fucking sycophant.

Bugger off, I should have blocked you long ago. But no, you just keep on trying to one up everything I say because you're a spiteful jackass.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Nov 28, 2019
  14. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Get a sense of humour mate

15. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I will once you stop screwing with me. Does doing that get your jollies up or what?
    Why don't you just come out and say you hate my fucking guts while you're at it? You know you enjoy pissing me off and having to respond to everything I hate.

Google Stadia is garbage, it should die in a fire, so yeah, just add me on ignore already. Cloud gaming is an abortive mistake, maybe bandwidth caps aren't an issue in jolly ol' England, but here, they're a nuisance and we can't do a damn thing about it thanks to the idiots at the FCC and FTC. So yeah, to Google Stadia and those defending it, I say, I hope you get ripped off.

Either block me or get the hell over my critiques about Stadia already. Stadia sucks, end of story.

Tiger21820 likes this.
  16. 64bitmodels

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    Look, i hate this guy too but it doesn't seem like what he said was targeted at you. calm your fur mate

17. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    We've already talked it out, no need to drag it on please.

DANTENDO likes this.
  18. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    I wonder how up scaling will look when the stuff they're using to enhance images with AI can be done in real time?

What kind of witchery is this? Your lucky to get 250GB a month using most "unlimited" DSL or cable plans. If you're on mobile good luck getting 6GB (well, at any decent price). It makes me wonder though back when cable was first starting why there were no bandwidth limits. They are recent thing. Money grab?

I read plans to continue to upgrade the back-end hardware until it's possible to have open worlds the size of Earth with millions of onscreen NPC or actual players all rendered at 4k with photo realistic graphics. This was more of a long term goal. Maybe in 10 years if everyone has a 1Gbit connection this would be possible. Right now I have buffering issues with online streaming services using a 40Mbit connection so I wouldn't even want to try this out.

Last edited by cots, Nov 29, 2019
  19. Tiger21820

Tiger21820 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2010
    United States
    AREA UNKNOWN
    I’d like to see Google hung for their blatant case of FALSE ADVERTISING!

20. SatoXR

SatoXR Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2019
    Puerto Rico
    I see stadia cant avoid seeing the ouya all over