Google Codec VP8

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so i attempted to try this codec (VP8) out for the first time with the latest Virtual Dub 1.9.10. My friend who is into encoding and electronics in general told me it's Google h264 codec as they are trying to get rid of the flv format and make h264 universal & etc thus the VP8 Google version of this already beautiful codec.

Well I have to say this codec (VP8) works almost flawless and the quality @ the same BR (Byte Rate) is just superb compared to the h264. There was however one flaw when I used this codec.... the whole imaging was mirrored; top to bottom; left to right exactly perfect yet opposite from the original.

I didn't change no setting but the byte rate which i set @439 for a film that was 54mins long and set the quality to very high. The end result was a film that looked better then the h264 codec produced but as mentioned earlier was completely mirrored from top to bottom, left to right.

I need to know how to use this codec and under what setting with Virtual Dub or a similar program. Thanks in Advance. Also if you know why it mirrored like this that would be helpful.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using VLC when i played it so figured it just got encoded like that but yea it makes alot of sense; guess i should have tried another media player like MPlayerClassic will do that and see if it makes a difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks