Not a bug Google Chrome Site Usability Issues

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by BullyWiiPlaza, Feb 4, 2016.

1. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Lately I had severe issues with using GBATemp with Google Chrome. I cannot open the messages or notifications tab on the top right since it infinitely loads. My Internet is very good, other sites are fine. Also trying to edit my posts has the same infinite loading issue and when I submit a post, it shows a white area instead of the post. Overall terrible experience.

I'm running Chrome Version 48.0.2564.103 m and when using Internet Explorer instead, no problems arise. A re-install of Chrome did not help. Again, this never happened before, Chrome is a good browser.

Ideas? Thanks :)

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    I use Chrome on both my tablet and my desktop PC to browse the Temp and haven't run into anything like that myself. Sometimes I do run into the 5xx Gateway issues, or the site lagging, which causes double/triple/quad posts, but that's not related here, I don't think.

Do you have any other devices or computers you can test Chrome on to see if maybe it's just your device being funky?

3. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Is it perhaps a javascript issue or an extension that might be causing the problem?

4. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Any difference loading the page in incognito mode?

5. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Yes, it works fine :s

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Then more likely it's one of your extensions causing it. Open the menu in the upper right and go to More tools > Extensions.

Most likely you installed one of these and then GBAtemp stopped working. Try disabling ones you think it could be and seeing if the site works, otherwise post a list of what you have enabled and maybe someone can point it out.

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  7. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Alright, got it :D

Strange, the extension that caused this has been enabled for so long but it started bugging GBATemp just now. Maybe either the site got updated or the extension. It was Hide My AdBlocker by the way.