Google Brings Out Google Drive. 5GB free storage.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

This afternoon Google rolled out their new Google Drive: a cloud-based storage solution tightly integrated with your Google account. Google Drive isn’t just a storage add-on, it’s an evolution of the Google Docs platform. You can share documents, media, and other files, easily sharing them with friends for viewing or collaboration. There’s currently a Google Drive app for Windows, OS X, and Android (with an iOS app on the way). The basic account comes with 5GB with premium accounts starting at $5 a year for 20GB.

[yt]wKJ9KzGQq0w[/yt]

So, will you use Google Drive?

Check it out for yourself here

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Most probably will use it, yes. As I assume it integrates seamlessly with my other Google stuff so will be more convenient than other programs. Plus, 5GB is a nice amount compared to for example Dropbox.

Reactions: 1 person

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, more free storage than the free storage Dropbox gives you. As long as it doesn't have ridiculous file size limitations, sounds cool. Plus, google is just so easy!

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I most probably won't simply because DropBox offers more free space (currently at 7.9GB) but I'll start considering Drive if it releases some kind of really awesome feature.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I most probably won't simply because DropBox offers more free space (currently at 7.9GB) but I'll start considering Drive if it releases some kind of really awesome feature.
Huh? I thought it was 2GB free limit?
Yeah, I think he may have had it upped via invites or some event.

I think Google Drive looks alright, but I'm reluctant to switch, since I already have that 50 GB free from Box.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have know about this for about a month. Anyone needs to read the very fine print. Google reserves the right to screen your uploads and erase any information that may violate copy right laws.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already using this, it's called "Google Docs". this is just a silly rebranding and the price per gig ratio sucks. I pay a 12 dollar (USD) yearly fee for 80 gigs where as google wants people to pay 2.50 monthly for 30 gigs and the offerings above that are lame. They should have stayed with yearly fees instead of the monthly payment BS.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google sucks. I'm searching for reasons to hate this announcement and I keep coming up with nothing!
Pshhh, all hail our google overlords :grog: . Seriously, google keeps coming up with these different products at this rate they might as well sell google everything.

Reactions: 1 person

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already using this, it's called "Google Docs". this is just a silly rebranding and the price per gig ratio sucks. I pay a 12 dollar (USD) yearly fee for 80 gigs where as google wants people to pay 2.50 monthly for 30 gigs and the offerings above that are lame. They should have stayed with yearly fees instead of the monthly payment BS.

Wrong. 5gb free and 5 dollars a year for 20.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

READ CAREFULLY! It's $2.50 monthly for 25 gigs plus you get five free gigs for a total of 30. Now if you were doing the math and considering the five free gigs as part of the 2.50 monthly package then you're paying a dollar a gig but since you get five gigs for free that's not the case also anything higher than that plan sucks compared to the original Google Docs version.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country

https://www.google.com/settings/storage/?hl=en

25gig a month is $2.49, and 100gig a month is 4.99.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off