Google Ads Linking to Homebreware/etc.

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by coolbho3000, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009
  1. coolbho3000
    OP

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

I see Google ads linking to the evil sites that sell information about homebrew (and perhaps Team Twiizer's homebrew software itself - which is illegal, that's why they have the "if you paid for this warning" on all their new software nowadays). I think this is not what GBAtemp wants to be associated with, as the homebrew scene sees it as the scum of the internet (and has good reason to). [​IMG]

For the admins who control the ads that appear, there is an option in Adsense to blacklist certain sites from appearing. You can use the competitor filter to your advantage. Add hxxp://www.wiiunlockwii.com/ to the blacklist.

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    That's a very good point. We certainly don't intend to be associated with such sites. I'll bring this up with other staff and see if we can filter out some of these sites.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Does it matter seeing that you can get the files for free here? Are people that stupid to go from a place that has the files for free to one that sells?

Also seeing that most pirate wouldn't they just look for a "free" copy anyway.

4. coolbho3000
    OP

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

I'm just saying. GBAtemp already has a bad reputation among the Wii homebrew community. Bushing has consistently complained about the sites on his blog (and for good reason) and the homebrew that Twiizers writes condemns such sites. The competitor filter is useful for blocking such things.

5. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    +1 to you coolbho3000. i support you [​IMG]