Good ways to stay up all night?

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, it's coming up to exam time for me (and probably many, many others), and a major part of preparing for exams is pulling all nighters. What are some good ways to do this? I usually go with a couple cans of energy drinks, but those are killing my wallet (and my health), so that's not really an option anymore. What are some other ways to stay up all night?

EDIT: Well, I had to stay up all night to complete an assignment, and the one suggestion that I could attempt and worked was NoOneDies' method. I didn't have money to load up on any energy supplements (except for a solitary can of Monster), I didn't want to wake anyone by jogging in place at 4 in the morning, and even though I have coffee at my house, I already know that coffee barely affects me. Taking breaks from the assignment every once in a while to read a book kept me going all night. Pretty surprising.

Oh, and [M]artin's suggestion worked somewhat too.

Solution
Stay focused! A difficult math exercise shall keep you awaken, of course only works if you enjoy doing them. If you enjoy reading, you should try it, make sure to read something you are interested in, otherwise that'll put you into sleep.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Drink a case of Monster Energy drink while playing a new game that you have not beaten yet. Sleep and hunger mean nothing to a TRUE GAMER that MUST BEAT THE GAME ASAP.

It also doesn't hurt to drink a Vault Soda if you don't like energy drinks. I'd say drink about six Vault Sodas, you'll never fall asleep! Also make sure that you maintain your body temperature. When you tire, you body temperature likes to fluctuate, causing you to get sleepy, which is your foe if you want to pull an all-nighter.

If you have some friends that are pulling the all-nighter with you, then get them to talk to you on Skype all night long. The more social stimulation your brain is going though, the easier it will be to stay awake.

These are the following foes that you will face;

Bordon, Silence, Darkness, Comfort, relaxing essences/music.

Crank the death metal up to 11, drink a case of Vault soda, get into a political argument or some other hot topic that is sure to keep a conversation going, and at the same time, play an interesting game (Like Golden Sun Dark Dawn. I'm up till 12:00am thanks to this game!) Oh and be sure to move around allot. If you are sitting down, be sure to change the position of your arms, legs, etc every five minutes. The moment you feel comfortable, switch your positioning so you don't fall asleep.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@DJ I think he is trying to stay up to study, not to play games and such XD

Goodways to stay up while studying? Not going to happen, studying is boring and will make you fall asleep, and if you get jittery, its more likely you will just go off and do something else(But maybe that's just me b/c i have a short attention span)
Try sleeping in the day and waking up at night. It works for me.

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay focused! A difficult math exercise shall keep you awaken, of course only works if you enjoy doing them. If you enjoy reading, you should try it, make sure to read something you are interested in, otherwise that'll put you into sleep.

Solution

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Buy some green tea, dump 5 big spoonfuls into a teapot and squeeze the leaves with a spoon when you brew it. Keep sqeezing them for around 3-5 minutes. After that, get some Pu-erh tea from a chinese supermarket. Not a tea bag. Pour 5 big spoonfuls into a pot of boiling water and simmer for around 5 minutes. Try to press it like the green tea. Then brew thick coffee, no milk. Then buy some ginseng energy drink. Mix everything together , filter it through something and then simmer everything for 5 minutes while adding sugar, lots of sugar. Force yourself to a sip or two every 5 minutes. All the caffeine and the sheer taste of the stuff should keep you away. Also, chew on some coffee beans. Make sure to clean your teapot after.

Or get this if you can http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/meth-coffee-super-caffeinated-brew-another-shocker-label

But my way is cheaper :D

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/meth-coffee-super-caffeinated-brew-another-shocker-label

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from drinks and things you need to consume that people are posting above, my little secret is getting up, going to the bathroom, and splashing ice cold water all over my face.

Slaps you awake instantly and lasts a good while. Just dry and get back to work. If you start to nod off again, make another quick trip to the sink!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Move to another country with a different timezone, preferably with 12+hours of time difference.
miss your family and friends.
stay up all night thinking about them. :lol:

Well, I'd say, sleeping in the morning / afternoon will keep you up. preferably, 6-10pm. then you are gonna be awake for at least until 2am.

Also, you can reset your body clock. Just dont eat for about 12- 16 hours, and then eat at the time where you should be waking up, therefore "breaking your fast" hence breakfast. ( i only read about this somewhere, I forgot)

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All nighters are not the solution to studying. The best way to study is to study a long time in advance. You may even spend less time studying in total but you will get more out of it.

But if you must, here is my advice. Energy drinks are not good. They aren't healthy and in my opinion, not effective either. It's more likely to distract you then anything else. Personally, a good diet with plenty of water will give you lasting energy, but as I've said, it's only really useful if you get at least 8 hours sleep. Exercise is also effective, as it gets blood flowing through your body, thus keeping your brain active.

A change of scenery could help as well, as I find studying in the same boring atmosphere tiring. This could be taking the effort to go to the library, or it could be as simple as rearranging your room. Make sure when rearranging your room, you use a firm chair keeping good posture. Slouching only makes you more tired.

But at the end of the day, if none of the above work, you only have yourself to blame for cramming, so don't do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI