Hardware good way to remove the stripped screw on 3ds?

Sonansune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was trying to replace the c-stick with psp1000's joystick hat.

my XL went well, but the LL has a bad screw under one of the rubber feet(before I use screw driver, it already looks like a "*"....... it seems removable, but it's not... :wacko:)

I have tried super glue, but not tight enough to make the screw move.

Tools I have:
super glue, a screw driver toolkit, common tools(hammer:evil:, tweezers etc...)

IMG_20160608_183230.jpg IMG_20160608_183243.jpg

anyone has a good solution?:unsure:

o0-Matty-0o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have some different size flat head screw drivers, you may find you can get one in on angle and turn the screw

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A drill would work, you will just lose the screw a t that point which is hopefully not bad to lose just one the other s should hold the system together enough. I had to do that on a o3DSXL when taking the back off for a hard mod and never noticed the lack of one screw.

Sonansune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A drill would work, you will just lose the screw a t that point which is hopefully not bad to lose just one the other s should hold the system together enough. I had to do that on a o3DSXL when taking the back off for a hard mod and never noticed the lack of one screw.
so i have to go to home depot and get a drill...:sad:

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try the rubber band trick, but your mileage may vary on how well it works to help you get traction. There is a technique to using a hammer, but since this is a 3DS and not a wall, I wouldn't reccomend that. :P

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Use the old rubber band trick!

Stick a rubber band between the driver and the screw. Works like a charm!

Edit: whoa, beat me to it!

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
If possible you could borrow from someone, it only takes a moment to drill until the head of the screw falls off.
I agree use a small drill and bit. Slowly drill the screw head off. Then use pliers after you've opened the 3ds to twist the rest of the screw.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I stripped a screw on soemones old 3DS xl while doing a nand mod. (You know who you are! Sorry if you read this xD!)
I VERY carefully used a small drill to remove the head off of the screw without breaking the plastic, then removed the back, and used pliers to get the bottom part of the screw off.

Edit:
Ninja'd :ninja:

Sonansune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I stripped a screw on soemones old 3DS xl while doing a nand mod. (You know who you are! Sorry if you read this xD!)
I VERY carefully used a small drill to remove the head off of the screw without breaking the plastic, then removed the back, and used pliers to get the bottom part of the screw off.

Edit:
Ninja'd :ninja:
I believe it's a really small one... would you mind post a pic?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i think i may have an idea... not sure how this would work, it's just an idea i come with....
get a straw (cut it) or something to protect the 3ds plastic...
melt some solder and put it on the screw and attach a flat screw driver...
just make sure the solder doesn't stick to the plastic of the 3ds (maybe thats why you couldn't do it with glue?)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm havig a problem here with two screws on o3DS here... he two on th sides near the slot (just behind the battery cover, ) tey are so strong there that are getting stripped x3x and rubber dont worked for me (maybe the rubber band here is different? .A.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr