Good video game idea

SoraK05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I've been thinking of making a game after some time playing games. I came up with an idea for the game, and I feel it is a game that could be in the mainstream market. I have pretty much got down all the research for the game and how it works.

What is the best way of going about getting someone, or a company, to make the game based on the idea?

(I also meant to put this in the off-topic forum)

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
The best way is always to develop it yourself, because then it'd become like you want it. There's plenty of tools out there to ease the process, but be ready cause it takes more time than you can imagine to create games.

You could try to pitch your idea to different publishers and see what they'd say. Ie call one up and say I've got this brilliant game idea which I'd like to discuss with you guys. Are you taking ideas right now?

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I contacted Nintendo the other day asking for something, by email.I web Emailed them, there were a variety of options, I had to go to Game Related and I saw Ideas. I just went their to see if they were accepting Ideas, they said they arent. So I guess they wont.

But your looking for a company like Bandai... etc etc etc.. For legal reasons, I guess they don't accept Ideas, try contacting them by phone.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to have to make it yourself; companies generally aren't too keen about taking suggestions from outsiders.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's been an explosion of indie games and better than that, there's been an explosion of SALES of indie games. So if you're going to make a game, make it now.

gshock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been thinking of making a game after some time playing games. I came up with an idea for the game, and I feel it is a game that could be in the mainstream market. I have pretty much got down all the research for the game and how it works.

What is the best way of going about getting someone, or a company, to make the game based on the idea?

- Sell your idea - which won't guarantee it will ever be made, but at least it won''t guarantee that it's never made - to an existing development company that appears to be capable of turning your vision into a reality and has a developer's agreement with the platform you want it developed on, because if they don't have this you'd be wasting your time.

- Join an existing development group as an employee and write scripts and provide artistic direction as part of your role in game development. Indirectly, it's one way you can see your ideas implemented in reality on a console.

- Most large companies will not accept unsolicited ideas for various reasons. You can go independant or establish your own business created for the sole purpose of producing your game. The bonus is your idea remains your own both in ownership and vision and you can possibly apply for funding from the goverment or other places to get a small business venture like this started.

- Homebrew. ( an unpaid, thankless hobby. ;p )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: