Good sugestion for dsi homebrew app

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by hayd3n, Aug 30, 2009.

Aug 30, 2009
  1. hayd3n
    OP

Newcomer hayd3n Newbie

United States
    hello , DSI/DSL fans.this is my first time starting a forum and or thread whatever this is.

anyways i created this forum/thread to tell people about an suggestion/idea i had for the dsi.

i really really really REALLY hope that homebrew developers will take this idea into consideration.if it is to impossible than forget this idea. but if it is possible please make it into a homebrew app.. [​IMG]

now to the point
    the idea i have in mind is something like a chat client just that its for the ds/dsi only..well its like a chat room where you can chat with people with ds around the world using wifi of course ... the best part is you dont need to register or anything you just type in the name that you want {don't go being a stupid and changing your name every 5minutes or weeks.just chose a name and stick with it so that people will remember who you are}. and you press login.... and then you sorta be directed to a lobby where every 1is .you can either chat in the lobby or create your own room,with its name and topic{can be anything like *whoever plays metroid please join this room i need to know how to unlock trace.} or a debate .... {*imperialist or shock coil join this room and give your thoughts.} or just to talk and to get to know each other.

heres the best part. lets just say final fantasy crystal chronicles echoes of time can be played trough wifi and you like really need a specific weapon you can just create a room {*FFCCEOT need dragon helm}so when some 1 joins the room ..heres the best part you can send your friend code to the chat screen to be taken down and say see him/her in 5 mins in the game itself..... of course that was base on the assumption that you could play{FFCCEOT on wifi} but you can change it into {*looking for a challenge in metroid} and then meet him/her in the real game... if you feel you want a private conversation you can put a password on the room....

lastly the best part of all .... lets say you just wanna chat and get to know other people in other country's... heres the best BEST part .... you can send them pic about yourself and your surrounding so you know what the person your talking to looks like... and/or how a school/shopping mall college around the world looks like . ...... but yea you get my point

so if any of you think this idea is good please comment... and if you have your own idea post em .im pretty sure we all wanna here it.....

i am praying to god that this will happen.... [​IMG]

PS: if any of you know whether this homebrew exist already please let me know.......tq

2. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    1. We dont/cant even have dsi homebrew.
    2. Why does it need to be on dsi?

3. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    (S)He probably has a dsi and isn't bothered with the others...

4. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    This is pretty fail You can already use IRC on the DS which is quite close to what you're suggesting anyway.

5. hayd3n
    OP

Newcomer hayd3n Newbie

United States
    well it was just a suggestion ...... and it doesnt have to be now could be in the future you know.........and btw i said nds/ndsi which means dual screen lite and dual screen i.......... and just incase i dont have a dsi ......... i want it to be for the dsi because

does it look like dsl can take pictures?

and if im not mistaken the irc chat client is very troublesome to set up.... and you need an acc for that....

thx anyways ....at least you guys bother to look

6. Whooosh

Member Whooosh GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    On the dsi browser you could just go onto DSicade and use the shoutbox???

Or DSirc or any other ds chat app. But i see where your coming from that would be good only it would
    have to moderated to the EXTREME because with the ability to create chatrooms there would be alot of
    douplicate topics

Spam ect. and old topics would have to be deleted regularly

7. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    You have pretty much described irc. I can't tell if you are an idiot, or if this is a very elaborate troll attempt.