Gaming good psp games?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not wanting to make an essentials thread, just asking what are the good FPS & racing games are.

The are loads in the NDS part that are allowed, irritating as they are but I don't see a reason to close it.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for a racing game, I love Ridge Racer. It is a really quality arcade style racer. Great GFX even today, and an amazing soundtrack. Most of all its just lots of fun. If not that, Wipeout is a good choice. This is coming from someone who usually doesn't like racers.

Dunno about an FPS, but I hear Killzone is pretty good. But, I haven't played it so don't take my word for it.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh why the hell do moderators always thump on those semi-worthless essentials lists anyways?

I know that people can drop a name, it hits the list, more points, higher it goes. Yah, that's nice. But, they're just names. If you're asking what is the best fps, rts, pokemon knockoff, rpg, and so on I think that list isn't going to help unless you already know names. And, if you know names, then you wouldn't be asking such a question, you'd be hitting up gamerankings.com or the like and checking the mean averages and links to reviews for details.

It's a very fair question and I think mine is as well. I've seen a lot of good people asking for help on finding something new to have it shut down with the cold finger of someone pointing at that thread. All that is ultimately is a popularity contest, not a true rating of quality, nor does it break down by genre, give descriptions, or any valuable info unless someone who submits something writes a bit.

...as far as best racing, that's actually fairly tough. Speed Racer is fantastic I know this much, better than the console version too I hear. I know most will want to toss Mario kart out there, but it fairly well sucks with it's cheap AI and the overly hacked and abused online element.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Coded Arms is a pretty decent FPS for the system, and as far as I know, it and its sequel are the only two for the system. =P I haven't really looked around much, so...

But yeah. For actual first-person shooting, Coded Arms works well enough for me.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
...as far as best racing, that's actually fairly tough. Speed Racer is fantastic I know this much, better than the console version too I hear. I know most will want to toss Mario kart out there, but it fairly well sucks with it's cheap AI and the overly hacked and abused online element.

I think he's looking for PSP games. I mean, i know MK isn't on PSP, but is Speed Racer? I was doing some looking (because i enjoyed the DS version immensely) and i can't find a PSP Speed Racer game.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
for racing:
i really enjoyed wipeout pulse.
it's available on PSN, UMD and ISO.
and has 4 expansion pakcs(cost money, but you might be able to get them free somewhere)

it's gameplay is like in mario kart, but in a serious sci-fi theme.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Sigh why the hell do moderators always thump on those semi-worthless essentials lists anyways?

I know that people can drop a name, it hits the list, more points, higher it goes. Yah, that's nice. But, they're just names. If you're asking what is the best fps, rts, pokemon knockoff, rpg, and so on I think that list isn't going to help unless you already know names. And, if you know names, then you wouldn't be asking such a question, you'd be hitting up gamerankings.com or the like and checking the mean averages and links to reviews for details.

It's a very fair question and I think mine is as well. I've seen a lot of good people asking for help on finding something new to have it shut down with the cold finger of someone pointing at that thread. All that is ultimately is a popularity contest, not a true rating of quality, nor does it break down by genre, give descriptions, or any valuable info unless someone who submits something writes a bit.

^+1
i have looked at the [essentials] thread, and looked some of the games up on gamefaqs, but the list still fails to fully do my questions justice.

and yeah, im looking for PSP games, not DS ones =)

Doomsday Forte said:
Coded Arms is a pretty decent FPS for the system, and as far as I know, it and its sequel are the only two for the system. =P I haven't really looked around much, so...

But yeah. For actual first-person shooting, Coded Arms works well enough for me.
i saw that one on gamefaqs, but i was turned away by the crappy user reviews.

QUOTE(thedicemaster @ Jan 7 2009, 01:47 PM)
for racing:
i really enjoyed wipeout pulse.
it's available on PSN, UMD and ISO.
and has 4 expansion pakcs(cost money, but you might be able to get them free somewhere)

it's gameplay is like in mario kart, but in a serious sci-fi theme.
Expansion packs? are they on psn, and you download them to your memstick?
yeah, i know what wipeout is, i think i used to have the original on my old pc.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah I used bad examples, I had DS on the mind as I was doing something. The point though is still valid.

As far as the PSP racers go I do know the following can be pretty recommended:
- Outrun 200?(forget the year as if it matters, only one)
- Wipeout (either, but the first is under $10 if price matters)
- Sega Rally Revolution

As far as the FPS games go I heard Coded Arms is good, saw it recommended too, but I also heard Killzone is nice too, but again haven't tried it. I do know for a fact both the Medal of Honor games are spectacular and have done those. I also had Call of Duty on PSP and it's a steaming pile on a disc, strafe far far away from it and then overly use the gratuitous use of panzershreck until it's dead.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
I know that people can drop a name, it hits the list, more points, higher it goes. Yah, that's nice. But, they're just names. If you're asking what is the best fps, rts, pokemon knockoff, rpg, and so on I think that list isn't going to help unless you already know names.

Maybe it's time they put genres next to the names of the games on the essentials lists.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
themuddaload said:
Expansion packs? are they on psn, and you download them to your memstick?
yeah, i know what wipeout is, i think i used to have the original on my old pc.
i don't know if it's everywhere, but in europe you can download 4 expansion packs from PSN(at a cost of €1.50-€3.50 each) each contains a new vehicle and some tracks.

Tarantula

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
hmm FPS game
i think this game is good
smile.gif

-Coded Arms