Gaming GBA Good prices for these GBA titles ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 568048
  • Start date
  • Views 862
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted member 568048

OP
I am currently trying to buy these certain GBA games
-Kirby and the amazing mirror
-Pokemon Ruby version
-Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
Only needing the games and cases, they must be authentic and still work, don't want sealed.
What prices should I look for when buying these games?
What is the most I should pay? Not trying to get ripped off by re-sellers.
Let me know!:yaysp:

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently trying to buy these certain GBA games
-Kirby and the amazing mirror
-Pokemon Ruby version
-Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
Only needing the games and cases, they must be authentic and still work, don't want sealed.
What prices should I look for when buying these games?
What is the most I should pay? Not trying to get ripped off by re-sellers.
Let me know!:yaysp:
Whatever the seller list them as on ebay

D

Deleted member 568048

OP
Whatever the seller list them as on ebay
Yeah I probably would but some are crazy prices (literally going up to 150-210-etc)
Is there any certain value there worth so I don't overpay? Like any suggested buying price?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah I probably would but some are crazy prices (literally going up to 150-210-etc)
Is there any certain value there worth so I don't overpay? Like any suggested buying price?
The general rule is take 10% off the eBay (completed/sold listing) price if you're paying the seller directly (on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace or whatever) as eBay takes around 10% in fees.
And check the completed/sold listings to make sure you don't overpay if buying on eBay. Some people list stuff for more than they are worth. Some auctions go for more than they should, it's just the nature of auctions, sometimes people want something badly and they'll overbid to get it. So go with the average price of recently sold listings.
If you want to get something as cheaply as possible, set up notifications for a saved search, make heavy use of the watch list, and eventually you'll get a notification about an auction that's about to end where the highest bid is low, and you can snipe it at the last moment. I got a faulty JoyCon (stick click was broken) as I needed the PCB from it for about $15, when faulty JoyCons were going for nearly twice that (which is crazy to me that a faulty JoyCon goes for almost as much as a brand new one, I didn't want to pay that much, but I digress), but it took setting up notifications, checking my email every day, for a few months before a cheap enough one (with reasonable shipping to Norway) showed up. Patience is key. You can always get stuff cheaper if you're willing to wait. Being in US you have an advantage though, most eBay listings are based in US.

Also I'm sure you're already aware but the GBA Pokemon games are very commonly bootlegged, it can be hard to tell a real and a fake apart sometimes, but probably most of the eBay listings are bootlegs, so be careful.
Shame it's not Pokemon Sapphire you want as I have 3 copies of that, 2 of them boxed. :rofl: I bought a GBA SP off a friend and he threw in 2 boxed copies of Sapphire and a GBA-GC link cable as well as a regular (GBC) link cable. Got a pretty good deal as the games alone are worth more than I paid. I think one of them is PAL and the other is NTSC. No idea why he had 2 though. Maybe he wanted an extra save file (and for some reason didn't like Groudon)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted member 568048

OP
U have that delema with buy now or wait and hope the price either goes up or down and it's mostlikly the former
Yeah I watched this video from some guy on youtube and he said that Pokemon game prices are only high cause the virus and they'll go down after. I think I am starting to notice
He is pretty fuckin' wrong lmao They where this price before the virus

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is the old adage of "something is worth what someone else is willing to pay", and that is also going to be the rule for you; what are you willing to pay, if you see them above that then either reconsider or do without.

Kirby and pokemon are both also really popular franchises with the GBA efforts being some of the more notable in this.
Wanting boxes also makes it harder -- being cardboard US kids tend to throw them away which reduces supply considerably vs loose cart.

As above you can check recently sold on ebay, amazon/ebay prices are usually noted as high end to deal with the scammers* and fees so real world where you can find them might be haggled lower**, and kirby being a platformer means the Japanese versions might be quite playable without any Japanese knowledge (or at least a guide when necessary/having played them before) and Japanese prices are not quite at western prices for reasons I am never quite sure about. Hopefully none of the speedrunners find a bug in the Japanese versions.

The prices you note are about within reason for a good condition boxed item for those games, maybe higher but see above and asterisk below.

*all those wonderful ebay/paypal protections for the buyers that see people able to phone up and say "was not as advertised"/"never arrived"/some other excuse and get their money back without question are abused all the time and prices get adjusted accordingly. Indeed a lot of places won't list there or accept paypal any more because of it.

**I say having sat at car boot sales while seeming game sellers (as in 10 bread crates rammed with them) look prices of unmarked things up on Amazon/ebay on their phone. Did have a nice one with some family that looked them up and halved it though.

I don't know when people suddenly decided the GBA was retro but it is what it is I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things