Hacking Good place to sell a flash card? Also, should I sell my new, unopened R4i Gold 3DS now?

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So about a month ago, I bought an R4i Gold 3DS RTS and it worked fine until a week ago. I contacted the seller, and they're sending me a brand new R4i Gold 3DS RTS. I'll be receiving it soon.

HOWEVER, the newest update for the R4i Gold, requiring opening up the cartridge and cutting into it, has me worried about how future-proof it is. Many people are questioning whether or not the R4i Gold can be updated again after doing this haphazard update process. I've also noticed the R4's habit of abandoning old hardware to sell new hardware instead of updating the old hardware.

I'm much more interested in the DSTWO as it's supposedly unblockable and it has waaay more support. And I really want to get rid of my R4i before a new system update comes out and potentially permanently blocks it and thus devalues my card.

So what I'm wondering is:
1. How cheap can I get a DSTWO (used/refurbished maybe)?
2. How much could I get for an unopened, brand new R4i Gold 3DS RTS and a slightly used R4i Gold 3DS RTS? Would I get more for it by trading in somewhere?
3. Where can I sell an R4i Gold 3DS? I know ebay and Amazon won't let you.
4. (most important) Do you think that the current R4i Gold 3DS could be discontinued soon because of the way the newest R4i update works? Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE: The R4i team have confirmed that the way the newest update works will not prevent it from receiving future patches.

UPDATE2: I took another look at my flash card's MicroSD and noticed the "DS_Menu" dat file version didn't match the "_RPG" folder version. I restored the original SD files completely and now it works.

I just don't know what to do with the new one I'm getting soon now...

i can CONFIRM

the Rev C line cutting will not hinder a future update
http://s24.postimg.org/6lytniuut/no_repair_needed.jpg

Also there is a New Hardware Revision coming of the R4ids.cn R4i Gold carts
but the only part that has changed it that they have removed the track that needs cutting
http://s24.postimg.org/sjm3ptv3p/new_hardware.jpg

my emails read bottom to top just to confuse everyone lol

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what the pricing values are for used flash carts, but I know that if you have 100 posts on the forum, you get access to the want to buy and want to sell forums for people to post their electronics on GBATemp and see if anyone is looking to buy/sell.

If you post a little more, you'll get there! (Please don't spam though!)

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*starts spamming*:evil:

Joking, joking...

Do you know if Craigslist lets you post ads for flashcards? Or do they take them down?

You can post on Craigslist, actually i encourage you to post on craigslist. Im from New York and i swear theres like 10 ppl on craigslist trying to sell R4's per day. Not sure if they r trustworthy (they sell them as "game paks and crap, or their used r4's at high prices to ppl who dont know what R4's are) but your ad wont be taken down for posting it. I recently bought a 3ds xl off craigslist for $140 brand new (not sure where he got it but im not looking a gift horse in the mouth :]).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...