Good place to get Action Replay for Xbox?

imtony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to softmod my xboxes now since I have a 360 and theres really no point in not softmodding them lol. I was wondering Where can I find a cheap used action replay that comes with the memory reader?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just mod your controller connector to USB. You then can use it as a gamepad as well as a memory card reader. If you don't want to do it yourself (which is really easy since Xbox connector is really an USB in a different shape) just buy a Xbox controller to USB converter.

I softmodded my xbox this way (was about to purchase action replay until I found out that my modded gamepad does the trick).

Edit: then I just picked up a used memory card from EBGames for about $8.00.

imtony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, can you link me to a guide? I'm probably going to buy the adapter off ebay since I don't solder and borrow a friends memory card. And when its connected to the comp, how do I transfer the files into the memory card? is it recogonized?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
how do I transfer the files into the memory card? is it recogonized?
I'm not 100% sure on the process, the internet will tell you somewhere, but you use the Action Replay software to put a save file for certain games that boot linux when loaded.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm, can you link me to a guide? I'm probably going to buy the adapter off ebay since I don't solder and borrow a friends memory card. And when its connected to the comp, how do I transfer the files into the memory card? is it recogonized?
Here's how:
1. Modify your Xbox controller connector to USB. Follow this tutorial.
2. Download and install Action Replay software (it comes with driver)
3. Download and install XBCD controller driver
4. Plug it in, when it asks for driver direct it to Action Replay software's directory, there should be driver in there.
5. Insert memory card and use action replay software to transfer gamesave exploit/softmod installer in.

Hope it helps.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]