Gaming Good open-ended games for Wii?

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a big fan of games with open-ended gameplay, including trading, exploring, diplomacy and strategy (ex. civilization-style or space-trading-style).

I have bought two games that suits my needs, that are "Sid Meiers Pirates" and "Anno 1404".
But I am wondering if there are any more games like this for the Wii?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think Bully, Animal Crossing, and No More Heroes are pretty much the only open-world games out there...well No More Heroes isn't totally open-world though, but it's close enough

BitBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I really like exploring games too! Here are a few that I've tried and really like, racking up a lot of time on them:

Go Vacation is pretty big and has lots of exploring and quests to do. You don't have to play any of the sports if you don't want to, instead you can just race around the world looking got the treasure chests and hidden areas.

Endless Ocean 1 & 2 are two great games with hundreds of hours worth of exploring, missions, fish and treasure collecting.

Fishing Resort gives you a pretty big playfield to explore and collect all the fish, do side-quests, etc.

Walk It Out has an island that you can walk around and explorer and unlock hidden areas, etc.

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input by everyone here. I think I might look into some of the games here, starting off with Little Kings Story.

The things I wish mostly for the Wii would be a "remake" of Civilization or The Elder Scrolls.

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say that "Sid Meier´s Pirates" seems to be a VERY underrated game as it comes to the Wii-version.
Let me add to that, I am a pretty seasoned gamer, and have played the Pirates-games since the "gold" version of the original came to PC.

In my opinion, they have polished everything to be more "fun" for the Wii.
I can´t understand how it has gotten all the bad reviews everywhere. Probably because the reviewers didn´t take their time to sit down the many hours required to get into it.
Trading and fighting in the pirate waters have never been more fun!

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Walk It Out has an island that you can walk around and explorer and unlock hidden areas, etc.
It's also one of the worst Wii games in existence.

I'd recommend Animal Crossing, Xenoblade Chronicles, and DEFINITELY Little King's Story.

BitBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's also one of the worst Wii games in existence.
Nah, there are much worse games for the Wii than Walk It Out. Last time I looked there was quite a thriving community on Facebook for Walk It Out, with lots of people helping others by telling them where to find all the various treasures and things. gamevortex.com even gave it 90% in their review. It's one of those games where if you like the genre then you'll really like this game, but if you can't be bothered getting off the sofa then forget it as you'll hate it.

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.
Haven´t been online in a while, but I bought Xenoblade, and oh my what an amazing game. Really pushes the Wii to the maximum at the end of it´s life-cycle.
I was sceptical at first, but got hooked after 4 hours in. Now I´m 30 hours into the game.

I didn´t think that the Wii was able to have a world as big as in Xenoblade. And the music adds to a fantastic atmosphere.
Sadly, it will probably go down with the Wii and be "forgotten" in the future. Hopefully, it will make a come back as a re-make or something like that for future consoles. It´s a game that does not deserve to be forgotten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a