Good non-headset mic?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by TehSkull, Nov 14, 2011.

Nov 14, 2011

Good non-headset mic? by TehSkull at 4:17 AM (789 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. TehSkull
    OP

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Okay so, I have a nice set of headphones already and want to use them while playing Xbox, but I can't when playing with friends since putting a headset over/under/around my headphones is both awkward and sounds horrible.

Because of all this, I'm looking for a nice mic I can use for Xbox that doesn't have the full headset so I can wear my headphones. I looked into the throat communicators, but they all have bad reviews, both from friends and Amazon. Does anyone have any ideas?

I would also be fine with using an adaptor like this to use a PC mic, if it comes down to it.

Edit: If anyone wants to convince me the throat mics are good, I'm open to it.

2. sjones900

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    This used alongside with this will give you what you're looking for. But be advised that the cords get quite lengthy.

3. TehSkull
    OP

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Yeah I already found that adapter since I last posted in this thread. I think I'm going to try this mic first instead though.