Gaming Good NFS Shift Settings?

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,
I think you may know that I got a new graphics card so know my configuration is like this:
- Intel Core2 Duo Processor E6300 @ 1.86 gHZ
- ATI Radeon X1600 512 MB, dedicated graphics (passive cooling by Asus)
- 2 GB RAM
- Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit
I recently ran Need for Speed: Shift, but its just horrible, so damn slow, can't even control the car properly.
Sometimes it even crashes.
So I beg someone to post some graphics settings based on my current configuration.
Or if there is a program that can do it for me, then great! I'd love to use it!!
Thanks
mellow.gif

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BUt why?? it says that it has 1.9 GBs of VRAM.
3.0 vertex shader, pixel shader, and t&l
Thanks for the link..
Edit: Link's not working, it says "you do not have roles required to view this portlet", I'm logged in, whatever.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
All the link was was the minimum requirements, I should have just copied and pasted instead of linking them:
QUOTE said:
Required – Internet Connection
OS - Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) / Windows 7
Processor – Intel Core™2 Duo 1.6 GHz or faster
Memory – XP: 1 GB RAM; Vista/Windows 7: 1.5 GB RAM
Hard Drive – 6 GB
DVD Drive - 8 SPEED
Video Card – 256 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 3.0*
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX - DirectX 9.0c compatible
Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-12 Players
Input - Keyboard, Mouse
Optional – USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

*Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB or greater; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256MB or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.
Have you tried the game with the lowest lowest settings? Keep in mind with most games minimum requirements, its literally what you need to open it and run it (as in 10 FPS at a low resolution), not what you need to be able to enjoy it (like a nice FPS and a high resolution)

Also, your x1600 has 512MB of VRAM, not 1.9GB.

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea I know, but my computer is way above these specs..
And if you put it at the lowest settings, it runs fine, but you can't see AT ALL..
Like if I put it to 640x480 resolution, it is in windowed mode--is there anyway I can make it full screen with this resolution?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
67birdman said:
Yea I know, but my computer is way above these specs..

QUOTE*Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB

Your card is a little behind, not what I'd call "way above" at all. Also, it's not just how many megabytes of VRAM your card has that matters, but also it's clock speeds (and speaking of clock speeds, I wouldn't say your processor is "way above" either, 0.2Ghz usually doesn't make much difference unless the game is heavy when it comes to calculations (which is usually for physics objects, I think), and having 512MB more RAM than it states you need is also not "way above", considering a lot of that 512MB could be being used by background processes).

Not to mention, as myuusmeow said, the minimum specs will literally just get you playing the game on low at maybe 15 to 20 FPS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: