Gaming Good news! I AM RROD'D!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sick, found out Grifball was on Halo 3, figured I'd play a bit of it since it's been a little bit. Starts up, freezes. Starts up, go to load a match, freezes, Star.... wait... doesn't start up. After my brother getting 2 of them, I keep my eye on the ring in anticipation of what I already knew was coming. Wait... Wait... BOOYAH! There it is! There's that little unfinished circle of doom!

But I can say this. I bought a refurbished premium system for about $230 CAD in september. I'll just be grabbing a core, seeing if I can fix this one up and making the best out of this situation if I can. If I can fix it, I'll just flash it and enjoy some pirated goodness.

Figure'd I'd just share that I too have now joined the Breakfast RROD club!

Quick Edit: I'm just going to play some smash bros, that's good too!

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no warranty?

you said you would flash it, implying it's not flashed already. Why not send it into m$ and get it fixed up with a new hefty heatsink and then flash?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you ain't modded it, send it back to M$. I've x-clamped 2 360s, one of which was RoD and had been freezing for a while. Since the x-clamp I've had no freezes and no RoD.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
adgloride said:
If you ain't modded it, send it back to M$. I've x-clamped 2 360s, one of which was RoD and had been freezing for a while. Since the x-clamp I've had no freezes and no RoD.
QUOTE(Bob Loblaw @ Mar 7 2008, 06:57 PM) no warranty?

you said you would flash it, implying it's not flashed already. Why not send it into m$ and get it fixed up with a new hefty heatsink and then flash?
The first part of the second quote would be correct about sending back to M$. It was refurbished from an outside company and my work was selling some of them. Problem was nobody at my work knew that so I bought one and ripped off the face plate to see a nice little sticker saying the name of the company that did it and that it had a 2 month warrenty with them. Since then, I've learned that all the serials are registered as repaired by a 3rd party and Microsoft will not touch them with a 30 foot poll.

Since I will be leaving my job soon, I will be seeing if I can land a retail core system in a similar fashion.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine just RRoD last week, I know the feeling. It had been freezing lately, I knew it was coming. I actually just packed it up and sent it to Microsoft about 5 minutes ago. Lets hope they don't check for my flashed drive

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont play my 360 more than 1-2 per week. lately my brother has been playing rockband and mass effect a lot and there have been several times he gets 'disc unreadable' error. is the RROD coming to me soon?!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
I never got Disc Unreadable ever before, so maybe he is just taking bad care of the discs?
Same 'ere. No sign of issues before.

I'm not too ticked off, I got a lot of time out of it for what little price I paid. My error is just about to bite my wallet in the ass is all.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AshuraZero said:
I'm sick, found out Grifball was on Halo 3, figured I'd play a bit of it since it's been a little bit. Starts up, freezes. Starts up, go to load a match, freezes, Star.... wait... doesn't start up. After my brother getting 2 of them, I keep my eye on the ring in anticipation of what I already knew was coming. Wait... Wait... BOOYAH! There it is! There's that little unfinished circle of doom!

But I can say this. I bought a refurbished premium system for about $230 CAD in september. I'll just be grabbing a core, seeing if I can fix this one up and making the best out of this situation if I can. If I can fix it, I'll just flash it and enjoy some pirated goodness.

Figure'd I'd just share that I too have now joined the Breakfast RROD club!

Quick Edit: I'm just going to play some smash bros, that's good too!

why would you waste money on a prduct that will most likely RROD again

this is why i will never by the microsoft system :-( you dont hear ps3 owners or wii owners getting there systems fucked like that

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoneMonkey said:
why would you waste money on a prduct that will most likely RROD again

this is why i will never by the microsoft system :-( you dont hear ps3 owners or wii owners getting there systems fucked like that
Simple, I have games for it already and M$ is actually pretty quick at replacing systems here for ones that they will cover. I've invested too much money to just call it quits.

Plus I enjoy playing online with my friends. Not many of them have a PS3.

If I didn't have the games already and playing with my buddies wasn't a major factor, I would probably dip my toes in the PS3 pool and check the water.
biggrin.gif

LAST EDIT, I SWEAR: I bought N+ for XBLA. I have to finish it.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cool, yeah, just x-clamp it and flash it and if it lasts until august, buy a new system then. Because the jasper model will be out then which sports 65nm cpu and gpu chips and will be a lot less likely to rrod on ya.

/edited for awful grammar to, well, less awful grammar..

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As for the disc read error. My room mate got those once in awhile for about 5-6 months, and finally he RROD'd so hopefully you have a little time.

BUT on a good note

He sent it from canada, and he got it back in less than 10 days

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Digging up my old topic to ask a new question, rather than making a new one! Recycling is good!

XClamp fix: I've read a bit on it but I'm wondering if there is a simple guide on it. I haven't opened a 360 before and I'd like to at least know what I'm doing. Not to mention, what do I need and from where?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got mine already RROD'd. I bought a Premium one and fixed it myself
wink.gif
Now's working great.

I haven't done the X-Clamps fix. From what I've seen it doesn't much, and the 360 will probably RROD again
tongue.gif

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
All my consoles are NTSC with the exception for my Xbox 360 which I bought here in Sweden since I'm scared about having RROD and no warranty
tongue.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Never buy a refurbished or second hand 360
frown.gif
all I can say...
but now the price is low enough not to resort to buying refurbished consoles, I think.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine severely reduced in price at the time due to the fact I worked there, so after I fix it the price will still be good.

But you are right, with the 360 failure rate through the roof, it's not entirely wise to go with a refurb. In the end, I bought a 360 Arcade console to use as a replacement and I might just sell it once I've fixed the old console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: