Good morning

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lanman31337, Dec 27, 2007.

Dec 27, 2007

Good morning by lanman31337 at 4:12 PM (738 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. lanman31337
    OP

Newcomer lanman31337 Advanced Member

United States
    Hi there. I'm Jeffrey, I'm from the USA. I've been into games since the Odyssey and Atari 2600, and I'm working on finishing up an arcade cabinet built from scratch in my game room. My wife just picked up a Nintendo DS lite last night and a copy of the new Super Mario Brothers, she's addicted. I'm here to learn more about stuff n'at.

I also just ordered http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10403 - did I pick up the right thing to play GBA and NDS games?

2. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    The TTDS has recently been reviewed, and it seems like a promising cart (even though it is new), so you should be fine.

Just remember that we aren't allowed to post ROM links or links to ROM sites on the forum, and you'll get along with most people.

So anyway, welcome to the hotel. We're a friendly bunch, honestly [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lanman31337
    OP

United States
    I know not to ask for roms - i'm a member of the BYOAC (Build Your Own Arcade Controls) forum, and that's a huge no-no. I used to be huge into the Commodore homebrew scene and the Dreamcast Homebrew scene, and the DS homebrew is looking very promising.

4. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Welcome to GBAtemp Jeffrey! [​IMG]

There are plenty of guides and reviews on GBAtemp to help you out on finding the "flashcart for you."

If you need any help on anything, let me know (Personal Message) [​IMG]

5. sylux92

Member sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    According to what that image is, you got the rumble pack and not the GBA pack. So if your looking to play GBA games, I don't think that will work.

6. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Hello and welcome to GBAtemp Jeffrey!

It seems like you're right sylux92. Dealextreme doesn't offer any DSTT bundles with the GBA pak included, actually they don't seem to have it at all. [​IMG]

Since the GBA pak bundled with the DSTT is a rebadged ewin pak you could also look for an online shop that sells those (sorry I couldn't find any) or get an EZFlash 3-in-1.

edit: I found an online shop in the ewin expansion pak review. It seems that psxboy sells them for USD 12.00!

7. lanman31337
    OP

United States
    Awesome, I just ordered one, 17 dollars shipped!