Good ISP+Other?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by SavageWaffle, Mar 2, 2008.

Mar 2, 2008

Good ISP+Other? by SavageWaffle at 7:33 PM (707 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. SavageWaffle
    OP

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    For the past 3 months, i have been using my neighbors Wi-Fi. Started with my dads Laptop(since it had a built in Wi-Fi Finder thing) then i bought one for myself. But for the desktop(sold at Staples for around $30) Anyway once in a while(actually most of the times) i get disconnected. I did used to have Time Warner Cable, but my father canceled it for some reason. So i only have currently a Messed up Wireless Internet+Basic Cable(Which has like 8 reasonable channels, TBS,CBS,NBC,CNN,MY9,TNT(well there are some sound problems, it flickers), and CW11. So i asked my father again.
    So now he decided to get us TV+Internet+Phone. I need a good provider.
    What i had over the years:
    Time Warner Cable.
    What i have been looking over:
    Verizon Fios(Not bad.)
    Optimum Online($30 for TV+Internet+Phone. Great deal except is it worth the price)
    Comcast(Didnt really look into it. Looks bad.)
    Note: This is for the US. Not UK, Not Asia, No. TV+Internet+Phone provider in the United States of America.
    New York, 11362 if needed for exact.

Google Verizon,Optimum+Comcast for there info. I'm not going to give the info about each one of them.

And im pretty sure Verizon Fios is now available around my area since it just came out last year(like august of something) and yea.

Plus if there isnt any good TV,Internet+Phone provider then il go back to Time Warner Cable(which i dont want to, want something fresh~).

2. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    I have comcast and it works great. I don't know why you would say it looks bad, it works perfectly fine and it is fast too. It has tv+internet+phone sevice.

3. SavageWaffle
    OP

United States
    Im sorry if it offended you.
    Eh, its $33 for TV,Internet,Phone Each month. Not bad IMO. But still Optimum Online is $30 a month and i save $3 lol. But will the extra $3 worth it for Internet Connection? Will i not get disconnected on Xbox Live?
    And how is Comcast for you?

4. SavageWaffle
    OP

United States
    Oh and does Comcast give a Modem? Cause if they dont im going to have to buy one.