6x9=42
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, I've worked my way down the list of US and EUR games in languages I can understand and now I'm interested in some import games.

I enjoy RPGs mostly, and I've already tried to obvious Soma Bringer and JUS, so those don't need recommendations here....

The problem is, if you don't know japanese and don't really know what you're looking for it's hard to find out what the good import games are without asking someone who already knows, so I come to you GBAtemp for opinions.

Games should be non-japanese-speaker-friendly, playable without a lot of text or have either a basic translation patch available or at the very least a translated walkthrough handy. I;m araid I don't know any japanese except a smattering of words one picks up watching subbed anime and I know none of the actual characters.

So, GBAtemp, tell me, what are the best import-friendly enjoyable games?
I hate to miss out on great games because of a silly language barrier.
tongue.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, most of the games in that list that have (J) behind them are worth checking out.

i especially like those in the Puzzle Series. they're pretty good, uhm, puzzlegames. they're playable without knowing japanese.
yosumin is a nice puzzler as well..

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daigasso! Band Brothers is an AMAZING import. As a matter of fact, i imported that years before i got my hands on a DS Flash Cart. I suggest that one
smile.gif

Oh, its a rhythm game with about 5-10 instruments per song available. Everything from J-Pop to anime themes to video game themes.

I enjoyed the hell out of it, but again, i really like the Rhythm Games.

qazadex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Osu! Tatakae Ouendan or Moero! Nekketsu! Rizumu Damashii! Osu! Tatakae Ouendan. These are Rhythm Games where you tap circles along with the beat. Same gameplay as in Elite Beat Agents, but Japanese. It's very addictive.

EDIT:You also need absolutey no knowledge of the Japanese language.

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Osu! is a licensed game.
The first one is pretty good,
but if you want a cleaner, smoother game -
go for the second one.

There's also Taiko no Tatsujin (1 & 2).
It's a rhythm game too. You use Taiko drums (2 styluses are fun). xD
You don't really need much Japanese to understand it, either.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when this question is asked, I always say that there are 4 must-have import games for any serious DS gamer. Two of them you have already mentioned, two you haven't:

1. Soma Bringer - One of the best adventure rpg games ever
2. Jump! US - one of the best fighting games ever
3. Daigasso Band Brothers - the best music game ever
4. Jet Impulse - the best flight sim/fighter ever

So, You've already tried Soma Bringer and JUS, which is a good start. Give Daigasso BB a try. It is certainly in the same family as EBA, but has many differences.

And if you like airplane sims, there are only a couple of good ones on the DS. Jet Impulse is the best imo. It is not text-heavy, and there are many english guides for it on the web. Supposedly, it will be localized and translated later this year and will be called DS Air. But, they've been talking about this for years and keep putting it off. So, I got tired of waiting and tried the Japanese version, and I'm glad I did.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An interesting one is coming out on the 26th if I'm not mistaken. The only reason I know about it is because it is based off a light novel/anime series that I enjoy very much. It is more of a peddler simulator, so it might be pretty interesting. I want to see if anyone'll translate it, considering it will probably be text-heavy.

It is going to be called Spice and Wolf: Holo's and my One Year.

don't know if you enjoy those kinda games though, just throwing it out there

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No current translation for Jet Impulse. But, there are some English guides you can google on the net. They have translated all the menus and missions. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, they have set a new date later in the year for an English translation of the game that will be known as "DS Air". But, they have said this several times, so I just went ahead and got the Japanese version. Flight sims aren't normally my cup-o-tea, but this one is a lot of fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.