Good Homebrew

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TLSpartan, Aug 30, 2007.

Aug 30, 2007

Good Homebrew by TLSpartan at 8:09 AM (890 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I just bought a PSP today with a 2GB Memory Stick and a copy of Liberty City stories second hand. My friend will be flashing it tonight for me. Can any of you guys tell me some good homebrew(Emulators and otherwise). Thanks in advance

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    gPSP is a near perfect (? it seems) GBA emulator, and you can stretch the image (may not be a good thing).

That's all I can think of atm [​IMG]

3. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Homebrew-wise. IRShell, a shell replacement that gives you a lot more options i.e. wireless transfer of any file between two PSPs and the ability to use the PSP as an IR remote for TVs/VCR/DVDs. The CPS-2/NEOGEO emulators are near perfect w/ AD-HOC enabled. Cave Story, a PC-ported homebrew game, also available on DS, but looks sweet with the PSP screen. It also has some similar homebrews like the DS, so ScummVm and DosBox.

4. Lodis

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
  5. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    psp filer. psp radio. bookr. pep viewer. psptube.

filer: file management, etc. Doesn't edit ascii type files thougg:/

psp radio: listen to internet radio. If the riaa haven't gotten them yet.

bookr: txt/pdf viewer. Sometimes I save a faq or something on my MS. Remember to change the background to back and the text color to a good shade of yellow. It's easier to read and uses less power.

pep viewer: best picture (manga) viewer I've used. Resizes pictures nicely and supports precaching (+1 just for that)

psptube: watch youtube on your psp:)

These homebrew is basically what I always keep on my MS, no matter what.

6. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    OMG I just tried out PSPradio, just wow, what an awesome app!

Anyone know if I can add my own online radio stations in addition to the shoutcast ones? Would really like to listen to some UK radio stations like BBC Radio, XFM etc... and some happy hardcore. Tried adding the asx file to the playlist folder but it doesn't work. =(

Also the shoutcast update only adds 500 stations but on the shoutcast site there are a few thousand. How come it doesn't add them all or is the PSP limited in how many it can store? I just downloaded a few Japanese/J-Pop stations (in pls format and added them) but it's a hassle downloading and renaming each playlist file and transfering it across to the PSP.

Tutorial for PSPTube anywhere? I signed up for a dev id but I don't understand where exactly I put my username and password in the dev id "" part of the cfg file? Username in the first and pass in the second?

[​IMG]

7. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Thanks for ideas guys. I am downloading irshell right now(Damn dialup [​IMG] )