Good GIMP tutorials?

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using GIMP lately, and been browsing some of the art, banners etc that can be made in it. I'm alright at the basic stuff (see banner in my signature) but I would like to get to know how to use it, and it's plugins better.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given things can be taught any number of ways and people respond to different methods of being taught you are probably best to find one that suits you. For what it is worth though I have seen several good tutorials for various things on youtube (though there are bad ones and ones with some odd ideas about things) and I hold the documentation for GIMP is somewhat above the "next to nothing" approach that many open source projects go in for to the point where it is actually not bad.

From what you said it sounds like you would be better served learning general image manipulation- it will come as part of application specific tutorials if you ponder it but a tutorial that covers why you might want say layers and layer masks is going to do you far more than saying highlight what you want and click layer.....
Equally much like most learning exercises it is best if you have a goal in mind but it looks like you have something there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol