good DX earphones or headphones

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good
DX earphones or headphones

Pick one. Honestly, most of the earphones there either have no brand or brands no on has ever heard of.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Owning a porta pro and using a hell lot of lower end audio equipments (PX100, Shure E2c, Bose On-ear *Note: Anything by Bose isn't worth a fraction of the price. BETTER SOUND THROUGH RESEARCH? MORE LIKE BETTER SOUND THROUGH MARKETING*, some other bose products, Dr.Dre beats, shitty 3 awful sounding shit Skullcandies, and a few more. Pretty crappy list, but hey, it's probably more than your average consumer.) get something else.

The Porta Pros and the PX100s smashes everything in the list of earphones and headphones off of DX. You should be able to find them around 30-50 bucks. Anything higher than that isn't worth it. If you like something extremely bassy, then go with the Porta pros. If you want something less bassy, but a bit more balanced, and rather sweet sounding, then go with the Sennheiser PX100s.

Either way, sounds good to the ears.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
sku_14372_6.jpg

I got these because they looked cool haha
smile.gif
Haven't arrived yet though

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14372

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
There are absolutely none. Good headphones/earphones and DX just don't mix.

Just shell out the $30 for Sennheiser CX200 Streets.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear goodness, don't ever buy anything from DX besides flash carts.

Especially not headphones/IEMs, the worst you can get are the ones manufactured in HK. Just shell out the good stuff for a pair of Sennheisers, preferably HD555's, or buy some pair from AKG or Grado. Trust me, your ears will thank me.

Look here for a good guide to a few you can probably afford.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good timing, I just ordered some yesterday as well. Cost me $10USD to buy 3.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4319

I just ordered them to give it a try. It's got 321 reviews and 428 rates of 4/5 stars. I bought 3 in case I got defective ones. I'm not an audiophile, I just want noise isolation so as long as I can hear my music with decent or good quality - doesn't have to be the best.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4277

I like the looks of these though, but being the cheap ass that I am at the moment I ordered the orange ones since they're 50 cents cheaper for each. Which is probably 60-70 cents more here in Canada.

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Where the Sennheiser HD555's are good headphones, they're also a tad bit on the expensive side.

Says the guy with Beyerdynamic DT440's.

Anakir: Those headphones are not bad headphones, but they're also quite a fair bit away from good headphones or good sound. They're about the same quality as $10-$15 in-ear headphones - my bro likes them for metalworking because he burns through a few pairs a week. However, any Sennheiser headphones blast them out of the water with no competition.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, go out and get like, Sennheiser, Shure, Denon, Koss Portapro, Etymonic, Ultimate Ears, etc.

The worst thing you could do is buy sub $10 headphones or $50 Skullcandy headphones (Which are $20 headphones in disguise.)

Please, don't get headphones based on looks. Just don't do it.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taza said:
Anakir: Those headphones are not bad headphones, but they're also quite a fair bit away from good headphones or good sound. They're about the same quality as $10-$15 in-ear headphones - my bro likes them for metalworking because he burns through a few pairs a week. However, any Sennheiser headphones blast them out of the water with no competition.

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I might sell these to my friends for like $10 each lol. I'll make profit off them and buy better ones. But for now, I'm going to use the DX ones. How does your brother burn through a FEW pair in ONE week? That's insane. I have earphones that came with my portable mp3CD player back than that lasted until now.. lol. That's about 7 years.

The OP asked for DX earphones too.. so I just suggested those.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dice said:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3396

pound for pound the best earphones I've ever bought

(My fav ones is the sennheiser cx300 but with the DX model being around 4-5 times cheaper, whilst a noticable difference in sound quality - they've been the perfect replacement during periods where I've had to go without my cx300's.)
Yeah CX300 is where it's at. I'm still going strong on mine after 2 years. The plastic even wore off! Bass is amazing and sound quality is the best I've heard from earphones. Rather expensive though but I got them for 20 euros. Would buy them again for the full price if my pair ever breaks.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I recently got a pair of Sennheiser HD 215 headphones, I know Sennheisers arent in your price range but you should definitely consider them in the future. They really are a great brand and worth the extra expense.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4319

I just ordered them to give it a try. It's got 321 reviews and 428 rates of 4/5 stars. I bought 3 in case I got defective ones. I'm not an audiophile, I just want noise isolation so as long as I can hear my music with decent or good quality - doesn't have to be the best.

QUOTEI bought both this one and the Apple one here at DX. This one sounds terrible when they come, but when you fill in the hole in the back with glue, they sound much better - better than the apple ones. But if you don't want to be bothered with glue, order the Apple headphones.

Apparently, if you were a month earlier, you could've bought some counterfeit BOSE earphones from DX (or at least I think it was. There's a topic in their forum about it). They no longer sell it because of law issues, but they were going for $9 and people said it was really good. I regret not looking for earphones a month earlier now.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.