good DX earphones or headphones

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Reaper, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Reaper
    OP

Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    What are some that are good and have bass?

2. Shakraka

Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    United States
    good
    DX earphones or headphones

Pick one. Honestly, most of the earphones there either have no brand or brands no on has ever heard of.

3. haringtonl

haringtonl GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2008
    United States
    koss portapro!! lifetime warranty ftw? or sennheiser cx300 or px100.

4. Shakraka

Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    United States
    Headphones from dealextreme.com boy, headphones from dealextreme.com.

5. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Owning a porta pro and using a hell lot of lower end audio equipments (PX100, Shure E2c, Bose On-ear *Note: Anything by Bose isn't worth a fraction of the price. BETTER SOUND THROUGH RESEARCH? MORE LIKE BETTER SOUND THROUGH MARKETING*, some other bose products, Dr.Dre beats, shitty 3 awful sounding shit Skullcandies, and a few more. Pretty crappy list, but hey, it's probably more than your average consumer.) get something else.

The Porta Pros and the PX100s smashes everything in the list of earphones and headphones off of DX. You should be able to find them around 30-50 bucks. Anything higher than that isn't worth it. If you like something extremely bassy, then go with the Porta pros. If you want something less bassy, but a bit more balanced, and rather sweet sounding, then go with the Sennheiser PX100s.

Either way, sounds good to the ears.

6. Smartpal

Smartpal The Guitar Guy

Feb 10, 2009
    India
    New Delhi, India
    DX have absolutely lame headphones.

7. Rebound

Rebound GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
  8. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    I've personally ordered this and this but they don't have strong bass. Everything else about them are great though.

9. Taza

Taza GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    Finland
    There are absolutely none. Good headphones/earphones and DX just don't mix.

Just shell out the $30 for Sennheiser CX200 Streets.

10. Seven

Seven oh hell no

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    Oh dear goodness, don't ever buy anything from DX besides flash carts.

Especially not headphones/IEMs, the worst you can get are the ones manufactured in HK. Just shell out the good stuff for a pair of Sennheisers, preferably HD555's, or buy some pair from AKG or Grado. Trust me, your ears will thank me.

Look here for a good guide to a few you can probably afford.

11. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    Good timing, I just ordered some yesterday as well. Cost me $10USD to buy 3.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4319

I just ordered them to give it a try. It's got 321 reviews and 428 rates of 4/5 stars. I bought 3 in case I got defective ones. I'm not an audiophile, I just want noise isolation so as long as I can hear my music with decent or good quality - doesn't have to be the best.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4277

I like the looks of these though, but being the cheap ass that I am at the moment I ordered the orange ones since they're 50 cents cheaper for each. Which is probably 60-70 cents more here in Canada.

12. Taza

Taza GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    Finland
    Where the Sennheiser HD555's are good headphones, they're also a tad bit on the expensive side.

Says the guy with Beyerdynamic DT440's.

Anakir: Those headphones are not bad headphones, but they're also quite a fair bit away from good headphones or good sound. They're about the same quality as $10-$15 in-ear headphones - my bro likes them for metalworking because he burns through a few pairs a week. However, any Sennheiser headphones blast them out of the water with no competition.

13. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    Seriously, go out and get like, Sennheiser, Shure, Denon, Koss Portapro, Etymonic, Ultimate Ears, etc.

The worst thing you could do is buy sub $10 headphones or $50 Skullcandy headphones (Which are $20 headphones in disguise.)

Please, don't get headphones based on looks. Just don't do it.

14. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    I got 1 of this just some days ago: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.33

I wonder how it is. Yeah, it's cheap and all, but I can't get any earplug/earphones resist more than 6 months, so why spend a lot on them.

I always end up with broken wires inside [​IMG]

15. Anakir

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I might sell these to my friends for like $10 each lol. I'll make profit off them and buy better ones. But for now, I'm going to use the DX ones. How does your brother burn through a FEW pair in ONE week? That's insane. I have earphones that came with my portable mp3CD player back than that lasted until now.. lol. That's about 7 years.

The OP asked for DX earphones too.. so I just suggested those.

16. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    Get one with thicker wires an a warranty.

17. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3396

pound for pound the best earphones I've ever bought

(My fav ones is the sennheiser cx300 but with the DX model being around 4-5 times cheaper, whilst a noticable difference in sound quality - they've been the perfect replacement during periods where I've had to go without my cx300's.)

18. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 30, 2005
    Netherlands
    Yeah CX300 is where it's at. I'm still going strong on mine after 2 years. The plastic even wore off! Bass is amazing and sound quality is the best I've heard from earphones. Rather expensive though but I got them for 20 euros. Would buy them again for the full price if my pair ever breaks.

19. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    I recently got a pair of Sennheiser HD 215 headphones, I know Sennheisers arent in your price range but you should definitely consider them in the future. They really are a great brand and worth the extra expense.

20. Anakir

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    Apparently, if you were a month earlier, you could've bought some counterfeit BOSE earphones from DX (or at least I think it was. There's a topic in their forum about it). They no longer sell it because of law issues, but they were going for $9 and people said it was really good. I regret not looking for earphones a month earlier now. [​IMG]