Good cart to buy for non tech-savvy people? Also, updates.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by AitchDeeTee, Jul 8, 2009.

1. AitchDeeTee
    OP

Newcomer AitchDeeTee Member

United States
    So I'm trying to reccomend a flashcart to someone I know, but they're not very technically inclined at all. At first I was thinking R4 because it's cheaper, but then I realized that R4 doesn't update anymore, so newer games might not work. So would this be a good flash cart? As long as it has updates and works with new games and stuff...some games like Chrono Trigger and Mario & Luigi 3 have pirate checks.

I have a CycloDS, and I know that updates great, but that's a little too expensive for them.

2. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Use the !@#$% search button for flashcart. There are a lot of reviews for almost all flashcarts around.

There's a new R4 made by M3 but I have to go with the Acekard 2i. The M3i requires you to download the updates and plug the USB and that's something you muct know as an experienced tech guy. atleast, it's not simple to do with an ordinary person so I saty away from it unless you have a DSi, go and teach them how to update via USB cable.

The R4 is great and now it has a new owner. Your choices with me are the R4 by M3 or Acekard

3. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well, I'd suggest the Acekard 2. Seeing as how you posted on the acekard board anyway, chances are that that's what you'll mostly get anyway. [​IMG]

But you should try reading the reviews and decide for yourself.