Good books to read

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by iamKHEEMchi, Jul 28, 2015.

1. iamKHEEMchi
    OP

iamKHEEMchi Flynn Rider's Ichiban

Jun 21, 2014
    Barto Club
    I'm going to finish reading paolo coelho's eleven minutes. Any recommendations? Love stories with a twist of action and adventure will do and please don't recommend me nora roberts, i have plenty of her books so yeah. Hahaha thanks~

2. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    'Blood Lies' by Daniel Kalla. If you like Sci-Fi, ER, mystery, action -- this is a fantastic read.

[​IMG]

iamKHEEMchi likes this.
  3. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Emerald Knights, By Anne Robillard. All 12 of them, and the sequels.

Worth a read, full of mysteries, plot twists, love, dramas, and adventures. Gods, magic and deep characters feelings. You sure will like it.

iamKHEEMchi likes this.
  4. iamKHEEMchi
    OP

iamKHEEMchi Flynn Rider's Ichiban

Jun 21, 2014
    Barto Club
    Ok i'll read the sypnosis first then i'll look for this book at my local bookstore. Thank you very much!

Oooh, okaaay, i like mysteries too. Okaaaaay thank you! I'll look this on our bookstore. I wish they have this. XD

VinsCool likes this.
  5. Par39

Par39 The Life Hacker

Aug 13, 2011
    Finland
    David (and Leigh) Eddings if you like fantasy books. The Belgariad saga is a good place to start, The Pawn of Prophecy being the first book in the 5 part series. Then the series is followed by another 5 book series, The Malloreon. Or start with The Redemption of Althalus, a stand-alone novel of the authors to see if you like their style of writing.

6. tatripp

tatripp GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchel is a good book to read. It takes place during the civil war so there is definitely some action. This is a very long book so if you aren't willing to spend a long time reading it, you may want to pick another one.
    Another classic that is more accessible is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It is widely regarded as a great book. It is currently my favorite book that I have ever read. It is truly a good read.