Good backup dumper for wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Painguy, Aug 1, 2009.

Aug 1, 2009

Good backup dumper for wii? by Painguy at 12:29 AM (946 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Painguy
    OP

Member Painguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I want to backup my wii and GC games, but i dont know a good software. what should i use? sry i tried searching for it, but the only topics that showed up were people who needed help using backup loaders not dumpers (lol)

2. gilaben

Newcomer gilaben Advanced Member

United States
    Here is the old 'DVD DUMPER 1.2'
    http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=98272

This fossil features the ability to Dump over Wifi and to USB/?SD?.

If you have a USB drive however I would recommend any of the USB LOADERS. The Usb Loader dumping is much, much faster. This is because the ISOs are trimmed during the dump meaning the process is streamlined and sped up by removing the excess product also its just better. The ISOs will remain on your USB Drive and can be transferred to a PC for burning with WBFS Manager.

For real I dumped the entire Wii Sports in under 1 minute w/ USB loader VS: hours using DVD DUMPER 1.2 over Wifi.

Hope that Helps.

3. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  4. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Can you dump with USBLoader GX?

5. gilaben

United States
    Yeah, when your "installing" a DVD to a Drive it's just ripping the ISO to the Drive.The ISO can then be transferred to a PC with WBFS Manager.

6. Painguy
    OP

United States
    wow u guys r fast thx. im a bit hesitent to do the usb loaders mainly because i dont know where to start. i dont have a large usb drive, but i heard u can use HDD's aswell. i have no issues creating an extra partition for my HDD, but i dont know what to do after i create the partition. how do i install the usb loaders. ive already checked the ultimate usb loader bible thing in the back up loader section, but i did not understand how to install it. id actually prefer to use usb loaders combined with my HDD, but also cannot find cIOS36_rev8

7. gilaben

United States
    If you can do Hard Drive ripping DO IT! Your hardrive only has to be 4.37GB to rip 99.9% of games. Can't help you with the partition stuff but hopefully someone here can.

USB loaders are easy to setup. Just make sure you have CIOS REV10 or greater.
    Also look for a really simple USB Loader that can run all in .DOL in Homebrew Channel without any file structure setup.

Just found one: I'd suggest using USB Loader 1.5. It's really bare bones but It'll get the ripping done as good as any.

Have Fun!

8. Painguy
    OP

United States
    thx. i already have my HDD partitioned, but where can i get cIOS rev10 (isnt it at 14 now). i ussually got it from softmii packages, but they kinda dissapeared (lets not go there). is it available here because i saw it yesterday, but now i cant find it.

----edit----

nm mind i found it on a FTP server.