Gaming good adventure games?

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm going on an overseas trip soon and would like an addictive adventure-ish game to play on the flight over. Here's an idea of what I've enjoyed so far:

Zelda
Metroid Prime Hunters
Castlevania (both of em)
Soma Bringer

I haven't played Dementium except for a little bit on my friend's DS and liked it, but I've heard a LOT of complaints about the saving system, and I'm not sure I'm prepared for the whole "I just wasted the last 45 minutes because I died right before one of the few save points" experience.

Any recommendations?

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I always enjoyed the Lost in Blue games (the 3rd one might be your best bet to start on, since it's more forgiving than previous games)

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Benandanti said:
Personally, I always enjoyed the Lost in Blue games (the 3rd one might be your best bet to start on, since it's more forgiving than previous games)

Yeah I tried one of them (don't remember which one), and I just remember it being pretty frustrating. Thanks for the tip, though.

Also (this isn't related to your post, just general info), I played the first Phoenix Wright game and liked it, but I thought it was too much reading and not enough actual gameplay. I also liked Touch Detective 2 1/2, but I thought the logic was shitty and kinda ruined the experience. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals wasn't bad, but I wasn't into the kiddy theme or Final Fantasy theme enough to continue it, really.

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If PW had too much reading for you, I'd recommend staying away from things like Hotel Dusk. Rune Factory could be worth a look, even though it's a love it/hate it kind of game.

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nah I definitely liked Phoenix Wright, and it's not that there was too much reading, but that there wasn't enough gameplay in between the reading. I didn't feel like I was playing a game so much as I was making a few choices to advance the story. I was into the old LucasArts adventure games as a kid, so playing something like Phoenix Wright feels like a step down...a well-written story, but without the fun gameplay.

I'll give The World Ends With You a shot...I don't really like anime, but if the game is fun I can probably ignore it.

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice one.

I used scummvm before and it was a pain in the ass to get set up and everything, but i remember getting it working eventually. I played Beneath a Steel Sky, but I guess I should look into other games, huh?

shairabaldama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benandanti said:

yeah i play this one along with Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk

unholyassassin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about Lunar Knights?

~unholy
cool.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g4med4d said:
Was Soma Bringer released in the US?

I'm not requesting for roms, just wondering.
smile.gif
Not yet, and if you had bothered to check the translation forum you would find a sticky about a translation project that has completed translation of ~78% of the game to date.

IIRC it is supposed to be released in US/Canada & EU (maybe) at some point... no date that I've seen, so it may even end up not being released like so many other decent games.

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! Thanks for the info! Glad to know that there's a translation project. There are plenty of good games released in Japan but too bad I cannot read japanese.
frown.gif

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I've not tried super mario 64. Is it an adventure game too? I tried The World Ends With You last night. It is a pretty confusing game but addicting though. Never seems to have a good 'place' to stop and rest.
smile.gif

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Benandanti said:
If PW had too much reading for you, I'd recommend staying away from things like Hotel Dusk. Rune Factory could be worth a look, even though it's a love it/hate it kind of game.
Hotel Dusk is not for everyone. but every guy who loves story based games, and the story should be a big part of games, should try it. i cant wait for another one of those games!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.