Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so im looking to buy another tv and upgrade from a 46 to a 55 or 60 and looking to spend a max of 1300 (less is good though!) Anyone got any suggestions off amazon cause thats where i need to get it from.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jasper07 said:
Why would you want such a big tv? Why no HD projector, or 45" 3D screen or something?

3D gaming isn't what it's cracked up to be. Why buy a 3DTV now when in a few years, it's going to be dirt cheap because they're going to get it right.

Look for either Samsung, or Panasonic. Those are great quality tv's, and they don't have the high price tag like Sony.

Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of a LG brand cause i seen one on there for 1200 but its 600 HZ I always heard its better to get 1200 HZ for the best results or is there a 1200 ad if so whats the difference?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Intimidator88 said:
I was thinking of a LG brand cause i seen one on there for 1200 but its 600 HZ I always heard its better to get 1200 HZ for the best results or is there a 1200 ad if so whats the difference?
I think you mean 120Hz or 60 Hz.

Anyway it's refresh rate, the higher the number the less blurry the screen is when the picture is moving fast (like a camera panning across a landscape).

Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Intimidator88 said:
I think you mean 120Hz or 60 Hz.

Anyway it's refresh rate, the higher the number the less blurry the screen is when the picture is moving fast (like a camera panning across a landscape).

So its better to go with 120 then im thinking or does it really make that big of a deal?

BTW whats better lcd or plasma?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Snailface said:
Intimidator88 said:
BTW whats better lcd or plasma?
Plasma= better color & viewing angle & cheaper (recommended for general TV viewing)
LCD= less chance of ghosting & less power consumption (recommended for video games)
If you decide on an LCD TV make sure you get an LED backlit model. Much higher contrast ratio than a regular LCD, uses less power and a lot thinner/lighter (better for wall mounting).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 120hz thing, I dont think any premium TV provider even puts out 120hz, its all 60hz
you might see a difference in games but you will have to pay alot more for it, probably will go way out of your price range

Intimidator88 said:
I saw a 73 inch and a 65 inch mitsubishi tv that is cheaper then the others,why is that are they a bad brand?
they are DLP thats why

Depravo said:
Snailface said:
QUOTE(Intimidator88 @ Aug 6 2011, 05:14 PM) BTW whats better lcd or plasma?
Plasma= better color & viewing angle & cheaper (recommended for general TV viewing)
LCD= less chance of ghosting & less power consumption (recommended for video games)
If you decide on an LCD TV make sure you get an LED backlit model. Much higher contrast ratio than a regular LCD, uses less power and a lot thinner/lighter (better for wall mounting).
you forgot to mention overpriced
tongue.gif

Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
the 120hz thing, I dont think any premium TV provider even puts out 120hz, its all 60hz
you might see a difference in games but you will have to pay alot more for it, probably will go way out of your price range

Intimidator88 said:
I saw a 73 inch and a 65 inch mitsubishi tv that is cheaper then the others,why is that are they a bad brand?
they are DLP thats why

Depravo said:
Snailface said:
QUOTE(Intimidator88 @ Aug 6 2011, 05:14 PM) BTW whats better lcd or plasma?
you forgot to mention overpriced
tongue.gif

Is DLP bad then since its cheaper?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Intimidator88 said:
snippy----

Is DLP bad then since its cheaper?
Yes.

Here is a good video that covers the major features/drawbacks of plasma, lcd, and, dlp. (and the reason I said "yes" above is right at the end)

[youtube]KDlLwyBUca0[/youtube]

I would go with Plasma, best performance for the price. Samsung, Panasonic or Vizio are good brands.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Snailface said:
I would go with Plasma, best performance for the price. Samsung, Panasonic or Vizio are good brands.

Only if it's for TV only, anything with a non moving image will result in screen burn. tha is, any tv station with a solid logo in the corner, any health bars or simile in a game.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To go on from what cwstjdenobs said, make sure you get the size that is right for where it is going to be located and for where you will be sitting. There's no point in getting something too big that you have to move your head to see different parts of the screen. There are loads of guides that tell you how to work out the optimal size screen to get.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Personally I find Samsung TVs the best, Sharp is okay, Sony is also pretty good but hell their TVs cost a bomb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"