dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

edit: I am using emuNand and able to install CIA files and have O3DS XXL)

I am a bit old school and I love Mario(Luigi, Yoschi, Wario etc) and Zelda games. I also love Ego Shooter and Sport games(Car racing, football, Athletic). (Also building and Strategie games but i think it only makes sense on PC)

I started one of those new Zelda games for 3ds. I couldnt believe it!! All the old-school-way of moving your character is gone! I needed to use the touchscreen etc. and therefore i was forced to use my stylus! So i tried some Ego shooter games and guess what??? Again I needed to use my stylus to navigate the character. Seriously?! Some of the games I even needed to clap my hand or blow inside my 3ds hahaha! No joke! And I couldnt even deactivate all this, to play normal! Seems the developers dont want us to give an alternative. I know that most of you guys will laugh about me, but those in my age and my generation know EXACTLY what I mean :) Nintento is turning their backs to the older genration. to their old school Nintendo supporter!

Can you guys suggest to me some good 3ds games, without using this fancy stuffs I mentioned above? I can deal with it, if i have to touch, blow or clap my hand sometimes to move on in the game lol! But not every time. Which Zelda games can be played like Zelda OOT 3DS?

If you(the reader) wants to share your favorite games, pls dont hesitate. Share it here, say why you like this game. But keep in mind what I mentioned above. So if there is a game where i have to clap my hand or blow into the 3ds the whole time, just to make the boat going forward then dnt mention these kind of games :D

I also like Athletic games. Where whe have to repeatedly press one or two buttons to run or jumb etc.
I also like Party games and here i ake an exceptions. here it makes sense to use gestures etc. :)

Last edited by dahood,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Try monster hunter. It's not oldschool, but it's button centered. Has cool graphics, deep lore and a good amount of playtime.

Also try shovel knight. Really oldschool, you'll feel like you are back in NES again. Also button centered.

If you own a n3ds, try The Binding of Isaac. It's weird as a game, but feels oldschool and it's button centered.

You should really try Zelda: A link between worlds. It feels just like the minish cap, with new graphics and 3d screen interactions. Plain classic Zelda experience.

Put retroarch into your system and play those old titles from childhood again. It never gets old. You can get Track&Field!

For the party games I have no clue, sorry.

Reactions: dahood

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than Majora's Mask, there aren't any Zelda games that play like OoT3DS. It sounds like you played the Nintendo DS Zelda games, though (Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks). I couldn't get too into those, either.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - It's meant to be a 3D sequel of sorts to SNES' A Link to the Past. It's by far my favorite 3DS game.
Mario and Luigi series (Dream Team and Paper Jam) - Much like the familiar Mario & Luigi games on the Nintendo DS (which are "spiritual" successors to the SNES' Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars), this series is quirky, hilarious and, in my opinion, awesome!
Yoshi's New Island - Meant to be a sequel to the SNES' Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, this is the 3DS' take on the series. In my opinion, it's good but not great. You might feel differently.
Super Mario 3D Land - A classic. Play this game. Period.
Mario Party Island Tour - I haven't played it, but it's a party game!
Xeodrifter - An eShop title, but a great take on the Metroid formula using the 3DS' 3D capabilities. If you're a fan of Super Metroid on the SNES, you need to play this.
Shovel Knight - Another eShop title, but a great game. Think Ghosts N' Goblins on the NES, with NES graphics. It's awesome!

If you couldn't guess by my selections, SNES is my favorite console :>

Reactions: dahood

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try monster hunter. It's not oldschool, but it's button centered. Has cool graphics, deep lore and a good amount of playtime.

Also try shovel knight. Really oldschool, you'll feel like you are back in NES again. Also button centered.

If you own a n3ds, try The Binding of Isaac. It's weird as a game, but feels oldschool and it's button centered.

You should really try Zelda: A link between worlds. It feels just like the minish cap, with new graphics and 3d screen interactions. Plain classic Zelda experience.

Put retroarch into your system and play those old titles from childhood again. It never gets old. You can get Track&Field!

For the party games I have no clue, sorry.

I own an O3DS. But I will for sure try those you mentioned. I dnt even want oldschool. At least it should be button centered. Maybe I will try Zelda: A link between worlds. The 3d screen interaction makes me always unable to hold the 3ds in my hand. I have to put it on a table :/

The N3ds has 2 more buttons at the rear, right? Does this means that sooner or later no games will be supported on O3DS? I can imagine FIFA 07 for example, will take advantage of all buttons indeed on N3DS. I see that Nintendo tries to get rid of their O3DS :(

What about Pokemoon? Everybody is talking about that. When the series started I was already to old. abotu 18 years old lol. Still it looks like a fun game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Other than Majora's Mask, there aren't any Zelda games that play like OoT3DS. It sounds like you played the Nintendo DS Zelda games, though (Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks). I couldn't get too into those, either.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - It's meant to be a 3D sequel of sorts to SNES' A Link to the Past. It's by far my favorite 3DS game.
Mario and Luigi series (Dream Team and Paper Jam) - Much like the familiar Mario & Luigi games on the Nintendo DS (which are "spiritual" successors to the SNES' Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars), this series is quirky, hilarious and, in my opinion, awesome!
Yoshi's New Island - Meant to be a sequel to the SNES' Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, this is the 3DS' take on the series. In my opinion, it's good but not great. You might feel differently.
Super Mario 3D Land - A classic. Play this game. Period.
Mario Party Island Tour - I haven't played it, but it's a party game!
Xeodrifter - An eShop title, but a great take on the Metroid formula using the 3DS' 3D capabilities. If you're a fan of Super Metroid on the SNES, you need to play this.
Shovel Knight - Another eShop title, but a great game. Think Ghosts N' Goblins on the NES, with NES graphics. It's awesome!

If you couldn't guess by my selections, SNES is my favorite console :>

Nice Collection. thanks or reminding me of all those great games. will try them definitely. First I need to isntall a SNES emu in my emuNand. hope there are some good ones.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I own an O3DS. But I will for sure try those you mentioned. I dnt even want oldschool. At least it should be button centered. Maybe I will try Zelda: A link between worlds. The 3d screen interaction makes me always unable to hold the 3ds in my hand. I have to put it on a table :/

The N3ds has 2 more buttons at the rear, right? Does this means that sooner or later no games will be supported on O3DS? I can imagine FIFA 07 for example, will take advantage of all buttons indeed on N3DS. I see that Nintendo tries to get rid of their O3DS :(

What about Pokemon? Everybody is talking about that. When the series started I was already to old. abotu 18 years old lol. Still it looks like a fun game?
X/Y for a tasty new pokemon adventure on 3ds, ORAS for the same as ever and legit tournaments. Pokemon legacy just for lols.

The binding of isaac requires those two extra triggers. The rest is fine. Monster Hunter 4 Unlimited is massive in size.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I started one of those new Zelda games for 3ds. I couldnt believe it!! All the old-school-way of moving your character is gone! I needed to use the touchscreen etc. and therefore i was forced to use my stylus!
There are only three Zelda titles released for 3DS: the two N64 games and A Link to the Past II (between Worlds). What was this Zelda 3DS you're talking about?!

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
There are only three Zelda titles released for 3DS: the two N64 games and A Link to the Past II (between Worlds). What was this Zelda 3DS you're talking about?!

Triforce heroes/Hyrule Warriors Legends? They are not classic Zelda games, but are Zelda based...

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IMO games that worth to be played:
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and Trilogy
  • Every The Legend of Zelda's game
  • Donkey Kong Country Returnes
  • Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Super Mario 3d Land
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Etrian Mystery Dungeon
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Pokémon OR/AS
  • Senran Kagura Deep Crimson 2 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by Manuel9181,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte