Good 2D Hack & Slash games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by NiGHtS, May 29, 2008.

1. NiGHtS
    OP

NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 9, 2007
    howdy folks. Recently I started playing Revenge of the Sith on my DS and it was pretty damn awesome. I really want to play other DS games that play like that but possibly better! Anyone have any ideas, I've been searching IGN for ages! [​IMG]

2. jan777

jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Jan 4, 2008
    revenge of the sith was a total rip off the gba version was absolutely similar to it

but you could try castlevania

3. NiGHtS
    OP

NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 9, 2007
    finished both [​IMG] and yeh I know it was a rip off, but it was a GOOD rip off [​IMG] and castlevania was more of an adventure game, I really want the double dragon style games!

4. Rulza

Rulza GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2007
    Legend of Kage?
    [​IMG]

5. Killermech

Killermech Cookie Monster

Mar 5, 2004
    Sadly Revenge of the Sith is like the best one currently on the ds of that genre(even if it was a ripoff).
    Your best choice would be emulators (Snes got a few good ones, knights of the round table, final fight series etc).

6. s0ldats

s0ldats Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2007
    United States
    is that a gba game or ds game?

7. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    Draglade is a decent beat-em up, which is probably a cousin to this genre.

8. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Second that, awesome game! The first one (arcade version) was actually terrible playing it again lately. Legend of Kage 2 should be out in English later this year but the Japanese one should be easy enough to play.

Ninja Gaiden DS is a pure slasher, a bit too short though.
    Bleach: The Blade of Fate could count too (well if RotS is a slasher than so is that).
    Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, not a slasher but like RotS is a scrolling beat-em-up.
    TMNT, GBA version, ok its not DS but is kinda like a slasher if you play Leonardo and its a game that can't be missed.

I liked Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, sure it was the same as the GBA version but with space bits but I thought it was a solid fighter.

9. XBlade316

XBlade316 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    i found a game called Gauntlet.its pretty good here some shots.
    [​IMG]

10. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Yeah the original games were great. I'm hoping for a return to form for the series.

11. KendoKhan

KendoKhan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Los Angeles
    you can try teenage mutant ninja turtles 3, full metal alchemist or Viewtiful Joe good side scroll beat'em ups.

12. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    Draglade was friggin' AWESOME, large points.

Legend of Kage I haven't tried, looks friggin' awesome. (Only Japanese? :[)

I'm loving how these are all 2D Sidescrollers, cause it's exactly what I was looking for :3

Gauntlet isn't out yet for the DS, it's scheduled some time not too soon as well :S