Hacking Gonna try Brawl+ and found something weird out.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well, gonna give a shot on Brawl+ and therefor I DL the NTSCU version of the game(full ISO not scrubbed). When opening the game with WiiScrubber 1.4 I was WTF? There are 14 partitions on it? Is this how it should be? I checked my PAL version of the game and its the same... 14 partitions. OMG.

Didnt check on my JAP version of the game but can anyone here tell me if thats the way it should be? 14 partitions?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
7.92GB exactly.

Partition 0 UPDATE
-"- 1 DATA
-"- 2- 13 VC GAME[HA8E]- [HBLE]

12 and 13 are titled Ocarina US Partition and StarFox US Partition

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you playing Brawl+ for the multiplayer/competitive purpose? If so, you can just download the R5 NTSCu version.

Its made to fit on a single layer. It cuts back all the videos and such for 1player mode. Just to warn you too, Brawl+ doesn't really like items.. I think. Not sure if it has been fixed yet but there are items that causes the game to go weird. Not permanently though.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
Are you playing Brawl+ for the multiplayer/competitive purpose? If so, you can just download the R5 NTSCu version.

Its made to fit on a single layer. It cuts back all the videos and such for 1player mode. Just to warn you too, Brawl+ doesn't really like items.. I think. Not sure if it has been fixed yet but there are items that causes the game to go weird. Not permanently though.

Yeah, mostly for Wifi ladder and multiplayer purposes. Nah, doesnt matter, I DLed the DVD9 version, I have lots of space on my HD xD.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I´ve tried to get this up and running but I get an error has occured remove disc and turn off. There is no disc in the Wii, I play it via USB loader. Damn.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you trying to load it? using most USB loaders you need to use the snapshot method to get past teh 256 code line limit. there is a app called brawl+ updatifier that can load it from usb or dvdr using IOS222v4. i believe also that wiipower has the gecko engine in neogamma. if you are just getting started with brawl+ and your ISO is the USA version, i suggest you just use the updatifier. it will grab all the files and put them where they need to be.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
how are you trying to load it? using most USB loaders you need to use the snapshot method to get past teh 256 code line limit. there is a app called brawl+ updatifier that can load it from usb or dvdr using IOS222v4. i believe also that wiipower has the gecko engine in neogamma. if you are just getting started with brawl+ and your ISO is the USA version, i suggest you just use the updatifier. it will grab all the files and put them where they need to be.

I found out that I had used the wrong WiiFlow .dol(249), I replaced it with the 222 version and the game plays fine. The error mentioned by me(eject disc, turn off Wii) is only when trying to play the subspace emissionary while the Brawl+ hack is loaded. I have all 3 versions of the game and on each of them the subspace emissionary is fully playable without the hack.

The error happens only with the hack enabled.

I have updated all the files with your updatifier but I cant load the game with it. Using rev11 it says no DVD error(I am using a burned DVD) on rev12 it says no DVD(when trying to run DVD IOS222) and it code dumps when trying to play it via USB IOS222.

It only runs ATM with the modified channel and the Snapshot Hack v2.1 I got from Smashboards.

This would be so nice with your rev12, it looks very smooth but wont start. Bad luck on my side I guess.

Any idea what could be wrong?

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh. wow.

pardon for necroposting, just had a most unusual bug with GBAtemp's messaging system. o_o

feel free to delete this post, mods ;;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...