Gonna need a bit of a summary of sysnand/emunand situation with a9lh

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rustic, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Rustic
    OP

Rustic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    Finland
    Just setup a9lh and aureinand, it's the most amazing thing i've ever seen.

But what's up with something about being able to keep emunand only as a backup of sorts, and move to a updated sysnand with permanent cfw?

Do i have any reason to keep booting to emunand? Down/upsides? Worth it?
    Enlighten me.

2. rondoh70

rondoh70 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2011
    United States
    new york
    If you boot cfw on sysnand there is no need for emunand other than to use decrypt9 and emunand9

3. Rustic
    OP

Rustic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    Finland
    Would it be possible with aureinend's "updated sysnand mode" to enable that, clone my emunand 10.6 into sysnand and be good to go?

4. rondoh70

rondoh70 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2011
    United States
    new york
    I'm believe im using updated sysnand mode on mine. and decrypt9 is blocked from homebrew menu. There is a way to load both before firm is loaded but I don't know how to set it up.

5. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by Patxinco, Mar 1, 2016
  6. Rustic
    OP

Rustic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    Finland
    Though i checked the tutorial section..guess i missed that. Looks like exactly what i needed.

Updating sysnand beyond 9.2 is pretty scary though.
    But i guess i was already crazy enough to downgrade from 9.9 right when memchunkhax2 was happening, and getting my OTP, so what's another chance of bricking/losing homebrew, right? :P

7. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    A good tip mashers guide has, install a cia that you couldn't launch without hax in sysNAND, and be sure that you can launch it when using aureinand.
    Then you can safely update to 10.6, it will block the update that could remove arm9loaderhax.

Edit: If you have O3DS, it's almost guaranteed to success, if you follow the guide!

Last edited by Patxinco, Mar 1, 2016