Gonna get a projector need help

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to get a projector to play games and stuff on my ceiling and wall and need to know these things: Can they watch TV? or what do you need to watch TV on them? and which one supports component cables and is still pretty cheap?

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Depends on what your watch tv on?
If you want to go from a tv to a Projector, You want just Av Cables to run from the.... Output port?
You know, your classic red, yellow, white cables, But knowing todays technology, See if you can get your hands on a HDMI projector and use that.

So yeah, They can watch tv, And i mean if you play tv off your laptop even, way easier.

Hope i semi-answered something...

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jamstruth said:
Get a TV Tuner for your computer and use Windows Media Centre to watch TV through the projector
You might want to keep in mind that the quality will not be as good as getting it from the cable. Most tv tuner cards suck. Although it's a really good alternative, I don't think it's worth the cost.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1 to kicking capture cards in the head. Nice toys but production grade stuff is few and far between not to mention pricey once you find it (unfortunately when you are playing projectors you have to consider this- you cheap and cheerful LCD/plasma is nothing compared to a good projector).

I would not bother looking for an integrated TV projector (nobody really does them so we are then in commodity/one off territory and that gets expensive). What I would try to find is something like a DVD recorder or VCR (I am not sure how far you guys are along on the digital TV front so consider that as well) to use as a tuner.

Component (assuming your would be DVD box/VCR lacks such things) does have stuff like component to DVI or VGA if you so desire which is probably a better proposition.
I assume this is for a wii or something like that- the PS3 and 360 have HDMI or in the case of the 360 VGA if you get/buy a cable.

My main bit of advice- if you are going to hook it up to the ceiling your movement options are very limited (many are built with the intention of sitting on a desk) so make sure you have things like keystone correction or the image might look a bit rough.

After this you have the usual projector desirables- color reproduction/black level, contrast, resolution and beyond.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over