• Plasma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My mum is planning to buy a new telly since we're moving out in a few days time. Thankfully, it is the right time for us with all the deals floating around! Especially the 3DTVs and everything. But should I go for 3D though?

I've been given advice by a friend who works at Sony and he said that if he was me, he'd wait at least until the 3D technology is more matured enough, which is a
very good advice (remember when HD wasn't prominent in TVs and only "HD-ready TVs" were sold?)

I've also been told that I should steer clear from plasma TVs and avoid Samsung as they don't last very long.

So I'm welcoming advice on what I should get. If you know a specific deal that I can take advantage of right now (in GBP please), please share!

Thanks
smile.gif

Oh, and the TV will primarily be used for almost-daily television, movies and of course, Xbox 360 and Wii (if someone shares me a bundle with a free PS3, maybe that too
tongue.gif
).

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'd wait with 3D.
And also, LED is way thinner and better, but more expensive.
So LED or LCD depending on how much money ou want to spend... and Samsung tellies kicks ass! from my personal experience I must say that my Samsung TV has much better quality than my classmates Sony TV (which also was way more expensive than mine).
I've had no problems at all with my samsung, and consider them being among the best.
(also, I've had a samsung computer monitor since 2007, and it has worked flawlessly and it is on a lot! (without screensaver!))

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Definetly LED if you can, but LCD is still really good. 3D is a no go still. You pay to much for what you get in return. I've seen 3D telly's over here, and the effect isn't that good, and they go for €1600,-. I would just get an LED, you'll enjoy the brightness of those screens, no LCD can match them.
how big would you like your tv to be? 32'' or something?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
Definetly LED if you can, but LCD is still really good. 3D is a no go still. You pay to much for what you get in return. I've seen 3D telly's over here, and the effect isn't that good, and they go for €1600,-. I would just get an LED, you'll enjoy the brightness of those screens, no LCD can match them.
how big would you like your tv to be? 32'' or something?
Well when it comes to TV, size matters right? Well I guess at least 42" should do.

Oh and thanks guys for the feedback. Guess I'm gonna go with the LED and Samsung's got a good one for a grand (that's £1000 for you American folks
tongue.gif
)

Oh, and one guy who told me to stay away from Samsung told me that I should stay away from plasma Samsung TVs.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think that's a great chioce R2DJ.
Oh, and about plasma samsung tvs, yeah that might be true
smile.gif
Though, in my oppinion every plasma tv sucks
wink.gif
But maybe samsung sucks extra hard.

One of my favourite features on my TV is the ability to use USB storage and watch movie files natively in the TV. no need for loading them into any xbox, ps3 or load via the computer... Just throw in a series on a usb stick, plug it in and start watching...

smile.gif

Oh, Might add that I have a 32" LCD... It's just enough for me. I have a small room
smile.gif
(one of those TVs with glass borders, and some red colour (and a glass foot) it looks really luxourus)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bigger and more complex your TV is, the more of a man you are.

So make sure it's huge and has a lot of features you'll never use.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Issac said:
I think that's a great chioce R2DJ.
Oh, and about plasma samsung tvs, yeah that might be true
smile.gif
Though, in my oppinion every plasma tv sucks
wink.gif
But maybe samsung sucks extra hard.

One of my favourite features on my TV is the ability to use USB storage and watch movie files natively in the TV. no need for loading them into any xbox, ps3 or load via the computer... Just throw in a series on a usb stick, plug it in and start watching...

smile.gif

Oh, Might add that I have a 32" LCD... It's just enough for me. I have a small room
smile.gif
(one of those TVs with glass borders, and some red colour (and a glass foot) it looks really luxourus)
Alright. We're gonna order it tomorrow. She's gonna be happy with it. That's only for her though, I'll be fine with my 22" monitor (I tend to watch online more). I forgot to mention that the TV purchase is because we're giving our old 44" RPTV to our friend

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does everyone have these misconceptions about plasmas, everything people think is wrong with them might have been true five years ago, but they are no longer prone to most all of the problems they used to have

Plasma TVs' image is just too scarred in the public's eye

Terminator02 said:
Plasma TV misconceptions

Plasma vs LCD

basically, plasmas are better if you're getting a tv over 42"

but depending on whether you will use the TV more for gaming or video, Plasmas will win every time for TV and especially movies, but LCDs are better for gaming and monitors
Plasma%20vs%20LCD.PNG
PS. LED and LCD both use LCD technology but have different back lighting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol