Hacking Gonna buy PSP with 6.60 firmware

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My store has 6.60 ver firmware is it stable? any bad experience on that firmware? Is 6.60 the latest? I just wanna make sure since the guy at the counter might be lying or that hes really stupid and dont really care and just say anything hes been told to

also should I buy PSP or PSVita? Vita sounds really troublesome when hacking to enable psp mode so please help me decide

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
i got a 3000... i dont use a permanent fw.. no need.

firstly its in sleep mode 24/7.. secondly if i do restart it, the loader takes about 5 seconds.

just get one!! sick library. 3000 is the best model IMO for screen quality and hacking it is so easy its unbelievable. the fact u have multi rom support etc. is a nice touch along with the decent emulation (albiet i've never used it).

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
will there be plans on releasing a permanent ver? I dont think the screen is that good since the PSP 3k I had now has some horizontal black lines.

also is 6.60 the latest?

enixmatt

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If you have 6.20 firmware installed on your psp, just install 6.20 PRO together with permanent patch.
This permanent patch is actually a fake vsh module which will launch the cfw automatically at startup.
For the same reason, you cannot recover your system if the PSP doesn't even boot up properly.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 660 on my psp go and can play everything psp, most things possible psx and many, many things, GBA, GBc,& GB, not to mention the others that I dont use but am aware are available.. Actually, I bought it second hand from a pawn shop with the cfw on it already. The temp (CFW 660 pro B in my case) is really no problem if, like many of us, you seldom if ever shut it off, just put it to sleep and yes, it does only take seconds (really) to reboot/reapply when you will even bother to restart.. I can see no need for different firmeware considering the breadth and depth of this work-around, though there might be some small advantage I don't know about... I am far from an expert or even an authority, I did it for educational purposes only.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My store has 6.60 ver firmware is it stable? any bad experience on that firmware? Is 6.60 the latest? I just wanna make sure since the guy at the counter might be lying or that hes really stupid and dont really care and just say anything hes been told to

also should I buy PSP or PSVita? Vita sounds really troublesome when hacking to enable psp mode so please help me decide

In summary...

Any PSP out there can run LCFW even on the newest version. The difference is primarily on how current you could be in perma-CFW mode. It is my understanding (could be wrong, here) that only 1000's and 2000's up to a certain date-code can run 6.60 in perma-CFW mode with PRO CFW. 2000's after that date-code threshold? I think it's 6.39... PSP go's and the Street/E1000 models are 6.20 at best, assuming the street could be downgraded to 6.20 at all.

With the PSVita, it has to be below a certain firmware and have the right, vulnerable game installed at this time. Even then, it's only exploiting PSP mode. And thus far, Sony has yanked every game that was vulnerable or patched out the glitches, so unless you already had it, you're hosed. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality