ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Necoconeco said:
3DS comes out in 4 months :\

So?

QUOTE1. What are some of the flashcarts that supports this console and which is the best to get?

2. I've read somewhere that updating your dsi's firmware blocks flashcart access. Is this true? Is this temporary for all flashcarts or permanent?

3. Can the appstore work in conjunction with the flashcart? (can they coexist together)

4. Can GBA games be played on the flashcart on a DSi XL console?

1.What are some of the flashcarts that supports this console and which is the best to get?
Best flashcards available, are Acekard 2i for $15.00 at shoptemp. It plays all the latest games, and is only second to the DSTWO. It doesn't have some of the features, but for a reliable card, it's great. I have a DSi XL and an Acekard 2i, not looking back again. You MIGHT have to do the Paper Trick, I don't have to. And my Acekard 2i works perfectly. Better than my R4 in my DS lite.

Acekard 2i @ www.shoptemp.com

The best card is the DSTWO which has GBA emulation, SNES emulation, .txt walkthroughs for games, real time save, real time cheats [ala you don't have to restart your game], movie player and can play pretty much all the newer games released because of it's onboard chip in it. It'll set you back $35.00, but if you want the absolute best card, and are happy with around 8 hours of gameplay, go for it. But the emulation of the SNES and GBA aren't 100%. Probably around the 95% I'd say.

DSTWO @ www.shoptemp.com

2.I've read somewhere that updating your dsi's firmware blocks flashcart access. Is this true? Is this temporary for all flashcarts or permanent? If you have access to a DS lite for roughly 2 minutes, you're safe. Both the DSTWO and Acekard 2i work on 1.4.1 firmwares and can easily be updated should a new DS firmware come out.

3.Can the appstore work in conjunction with the flashcart? (can they coexist together) As long as your card is updated, and your DS is updated, the DSiWare shop works just fine.

4.Can GBA games be played on the flashcart on a DSi XL console? Right now, only the DSTWO can play GBA games.. assuming you want to also play DS games. But as others have said, other cards are coming out, one of which is the CycloDS iEvolution, but chances are it will be expensive because of it being made by team cyclods who still sells their DS card for around $50. And if it is, you can still grab the DSTWO for $35.00.

Necoconeco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... Why would anyone buy outdated hardware?

A 3DS can do everything the DSi does and more. And if its ever cracked, prolly 10 times the homebrew capabilities.

So why would anyone buy anything inferior when something better is just around the corner?

The only reason to get a DSi now is to get it for some retarded 6 year old or something whose parents think they're too young to have a big boy's system. In which case they should just look towards the DS Lites as they're $90 Brand new this black friday. A DS Lite is perfect for a kid because its like a DSi but without all those stupid extra features that people get bored with after using once or twice.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I would've thought these same especially when it's right around the corner yer. I can see if someone has enough cash to buy both an XL and a 3DS. Maybe they like the bigger screens and want a DS system that'll be able to read flash carts. Other than that, no, I don't see it, 3DS is good enough for me.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, i'm deciding to buy a DSi XL and i have a few questions.

1. What are some of the flashcarts that supports this console and which is the best to get?
SUPERCARD DSTWO
2. I've read somewhere that updating your dsi's firmware blocks flashcart access. Is this true? Is this temporary for all flashcarts or permanent?
FIXED EVERY TIME
3. Can the appstore work in conjunction with the flashcart? (can they coexist together)
WHEN THEY UPDATE THE CART
4. Can GBA games be played on the flashcart on a DSi XL console?
DSTWO CAN
Thank you for your time
smile.gif
if theres anything i should know please do tell me :3

i know cuz im doin it right now

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Necoconeco said:

A 3DS can do everything the DSi does and more. And if its ever cracked, prolly 10 times the homebrew capabilities.

So why would anyone buy anything inferior when something better is just around the corner?

The only reason to get a DSi now is to get it for some retarded 6 year old or something whose parents think they're too young to have a big boy's system. In which case they should just look towards the DS Lites as they're $90 Brand new this black friday. A DS Lite is perfect for a kid because its like a DSi but without all those stupid extra features that people get bored with after using once or twice.
He's planning to get the DSi XL (not plain old dsi) which so happens to be the latest "released" ds, so how exactly is that "outdated hardware"?

while its true the 3DS is coming out soon, it doesn't change the fact its still not out. You might aswell tell him to sit around waiting for it to be released march next year
glare.gif

He might want the XL due to the fact that it has bigger screens then both the DSi and the coming 3DS.
unsure.gif

OT: like everyone else has stated, if you can, try and get the DSTWO as its the most superior flashcard out right now. However, if its too much on the pocket, get the AK2i

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Necoconeco said:

You trollin' brah?

I bought an XL. I don't like 3D. I think it's the dumbest fucking thing ever, and to even think that the gaming industry is starting to move in that direction, makes me not want to play games at all. I don't like the possible price tag of the 3DS as I find any handheld over 200 dollars, is too expensive. And anybody who buys said product, is stupid for encouraging Nintendo by buying it.

I also don't like the size of the 3DS. It's too small. I hate the size of the DS lite and that's roughly the same size as the 3DS.

Sorry, but you're being wickedly retarded if you think everybody is going to buy a 3DS. Along with myself, I know quite a few people who won't because of the reasons I stated.

Also, the DSi XL is a great system. Maybe he already has a DSi and DS lite and DS phat and all that stuff. You ever consider, that maybe he's just a collector of consoles or anything?

This guy wanted feedback, not "convince me not to get one and convince me to get a 3DS." Don't be stupid.

Also, referring to the 3DS as a "big boy's system" ? Wow... just wow dude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back