gonna be trading my n3ds xl tomorrow just a couple of question before I do so

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mario-lucis-caelum, May 13, 2017.

1. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    im trading my dual tn plus cash tomorrow for someones dual ips just wanna know a few things before the time comes

Is it possible to de-link my nintendo account but keep the games?

After I receive the new 3DS, do I just put my old one's sd card on it to get all my games and saves back or do I need to do something else? Both 3DS' have Luma a9lh CFW btw.

How do I link my nintendo account to the new one? Is it possible? I'm assuming the seller isn't going remove his account from his system.

Is there anything else I should know about before the exchange? Tell me what else I should do that I've missed asking.

Thanks!

2. MashedPotatos

MashedPotatos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2017
    Canada
    Newfoundland
    Can't you just do a system transfer

3. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    How do I do that and will that work? I have CFW and a ton of pirated stuff will that carry through the transfer?

4. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    No, as for saves, Dump em all using JKSM after you do that just do a system Format (if yoru pirated vs paid content outweights the other, it'll be faster to just redownload everything then to make CIAs of yoru pirated content to reinstall)

5. MashedPotatos

MashedPotatos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2017
    Canada
    Newfoundland
    I'am pretty sure when you do a system transfer it transfers the "pirated stuff" just not the tickets you need to reinstall the tickets separately.

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you want to keep your NNID you'll need access to both systems and internet for half an hour or so to do a system transfer. If you don't do that you'll lose it (and any Pokémon you have in the bank and anything else tied to the NNID).

7. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    System transfer doesn't carry over any non valid titles, cos it checks it with the eShop