Would rather have a cup of Tea!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, after months of owning a Wii and it only sitting in a drawer ive decided to sell both that and my 360 and gone down the route of the dark side and got a PS3. The price was just too good and my hankering for a HD movie format wasnt satisfied by the poor performance of HD DVD. Anyone else thought about jumping ship???
ph34r.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, after months of owning a Wii and it only sitting in a drawer ive decided to sell both that and my 360 and gone down the route of the dark side and got a PS3. The price was just too good and my hankering for a HD movie format wasnt satisfied by the poor performance of HD DVD. Anyone else thought about jumping ship???Â
ph34r.gif

Welcome to the other side, brother
ph34r.gif

PS3 is actually a very good console, for not just games but media as well -- It's a much better media client than the 360 IMHO.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say I'd ever get a PS3 but then I said that about the PSP until I saw the homebrew side and it started getting some decent games. At the moment theres little on the PS3 that interests me apart from LittleBigPlanet and other games that are on PC/360 as well.

Blu-Ray just doesn't really do much to me to be honest, I'm really not into all this HD stuff, I saw it and yes theres a difference (especially on films like 300) but not enough to make me want to spend extra on those versions of films.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I can't say I'd ever get a PS3 but then I said that about the PSP until I saw the homebrew side and it started getting some decent games. At the moment theres little on the PS3 that interests me apart from LittleBigPlanet and other games that are on PC/360 as well.

Blu-Ray just doesn't really do much to me to be honest, I'm really not into all this HD stuff, I saw it and yes theres a difference (especially on films like 300) but not enough to make me want to spend extra on those versions of films.

Blu-Ray does me great
biggrin.gif
I got a Hi-Def TV and just couldn't handle looking at the PS2 on it -- so I got a PS3. I get my Blu-Ray movies for less than $20, which includes 300, so I'm not complaining
biggrin.gif

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
70 bucks gets you the game the camara a deck of cards and a cloth mat

and a camara stand ! pretty good deal in my book

i still need a ps3 though lol

OH and i think you get 5 free blue ray movies by mail if you get a ps3 in the US

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
70 bucks gets you  the game the camara a deck of cards and a cloth mat

and a camara stand ! pretty good deal in my book

i still need a ps3 though lol

OH and i think you get 5 free blue ray movies by mail if you get a ps3 in the US

The promotion applies to Canada as well.

I bought the PS3, did the promotion -- It's been 12 weeks and I haven't seen any movies. The offer says 6 to 8 weeks. I phoned up the Blu-Ray Corp. and they said that they're awaiting stock, and that there's 7000 orders to fulfill at the moment, but I will have them before Nov. 1st.

squirt1000

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rub it in guys! Here in the UK we have only just been given the opportunity to claim 5 free HD-DVD's with the purchase of a 360 HD-DVD drive!! Sucks to be in europe
frown.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played 3 games so far:
Heavenly Sword which was really really average and played like some early PS2 game.
Motorstorm, wasn't too bad wasn't too great, nothing new.
Resistance, it was enjoyable but nothing amazing.

You'd think Sony would've had some real killer titles by now.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Something I really find humorous is how The Darkness, running on the Starbreeze Engine which lends itself highly to OpenGL actually runs worse on the PS3 (it's upscaled internally) than on the 360 (outputs native 720p).

A narrow example, but still amusing.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of a stupid move to sell a wii + 360. It would've been easier and better to just gotten a part time job or something to pay for a ps3.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've bought myself a PS3 finally, only reason was my wife bugging the crap out of me for Heavenly Sword and Pirates on HD.

Have to say after playing the PS3 the 360 still has it all over the PS3, though hopefully some good titles are coming out soon that can justify our purchase. Rachet and Clank looks fairly sweet.

That Eye of Judgement thing looks a bit gimmicky but it is kind of a cool idea overall, don't think I'll be getting it as I'm not interested in that type of game.

squirt1000

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kind of a stupid move to sell a wii + 360. It would've been easier and better to just gotten a part time job or something to pay for a ps3.

I have a Fulltime very well paid job, I just dont see the point in keeping hold of a wii when its never going to get used again! Also the 360 is an overheating p.o.s!
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc