Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldleaf make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
turn off function doesnt really work as intended... i tired to turn off but after a couple of seconds, the rcmtegragui detects the switch as in rcm mode in which drains the battery...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
turn off function doesnt really work as intended... i tired to turn off but after a couple of seconds, the rcmtegragui detects the switch as in rcm mode in which drains the battery...
like said on previous page (and few other threads) this is how the shutdown function works : reboot the console and wait for the payload to deal with either shutting down or loading horizonOS.
if you have a payload (original nintendo or auto-RCM with payload sent automatically) then the console will really shutdown.
if you don't have a payload because you have AutoRCM without a dongle/chipset, it'll wait in RCM for a payload.

homebrew can't properly shutdown the console for the moment (neither the original HorizonOS). it's done by the boot payload.
homebrew can aggressively disconnect the battery, but you'll have very hight chance of data corruption, so it's never (rarely?) used.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: noctis90210

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil has been dead for quite a while now but it got the job done. Goldleaf is more like a spiritual successor to Tinfoil although Adubbz, the original creator of Tinfoil, did hand over Tinfoil to XorTroll so in a way, Goldleaf is the replacement. Its more similar to how lockpick replaced kezplez for dumping keys; the original creator stopped supporting their tool and when another dev took over, they decide to make a new tool from the ground up that does the same functions but better.

Can I use it just like Tinfoil USB Install ? Because Always use tinfoil usb install and my macOS for installment. I am not sure if Goldleaf can be done like that or I have to tell it where to my nsp in my macOS or something ? Yes, I have Goldleaf nro and its very nice looking GUI.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time using this, I needed to use this to skip firmware checks when installing two 6.0/6.0.1 games. I'm still on 5.1.0.

Goldleaf crashed when I first tried to install a game. Then I re-opened it, loaded fine the second. Installed both games and the bypass firmware check also worked. Keep up the good work!

GUI is nice, the only thing I noticed in all file managers even devmenu. When you try and go down a list, you have to press down each time. In the next release do you think using the joy con stick, you can pull down, and it will go down the whole list. Instead of having to press down each time. Keep the current feature on the buttons, that why people have both. @XorTroll

Thanks for Goldleaf so far!

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
First time using this, I needed to use this to skip firmware checks when installing two 6.0/6.0.1 games. I'm still on 5.1.0.

Goldleaf crashed when I first tried to install a game. Then I re-opened it, loaded fine the second. Installed both games and the bypass firmware check also worked. Keep up the good work!

GUI is nice, the only thing I noticed in all file managers even devmenu. When you try and go down a list, you have to press down each time. In the next release do you think using the joy con stick, you can pull down, and it will go down the whole list. Instead of having to press down each time. Keep the current feature on the buttons, that why people have both. @XorTroll

Thanks for Goldleaf so far!
Scroll down using R-stick and prepare for light speed

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Version 0.2 has been released!

Changelog
  • Supposedly, now those random crashes browsing menus or filesystems are fixed now.

• When looking for the key file for NCAs or themes, now more names are sopported (not just keys.dat): keys.dat, prod.keys, keys.txt or keys.ini.

• Fixed bug which would not install the selected theme if qlaunch was not extracted, and it would just extract it without processing the theme.

• Now title 0100000000001013 is installed to qlaunch directory, previously user page themes wouldn't work for this issue.
Goldtree doesn't have any changes, only version number.

Happy New Year!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I don’t think the delete function works or is it just me? very similar to the sx installer not working either. None of these installers don’t want to seem to delete after install apart from n1dus which does and for me it’s very important and convenient for homebrew nsp.

Last edited by Reecey,

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Funny thing: I installed Goldleaf NSP from the NRO via USB (to console memory, not SD card), then I opened the installed title and went to browse NAND USER, searched the correct folders and started decrypting my own NCAs

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: Is it possible to run this when selecting Album?

Using SDFiles 11.5 / Atmosphere... i updated the loader.ini file and replaced hbl.nsp to goldleaf but it crashed:

> [config]
> hbl_tid=010000000000100D
> hbl_path=atmosphere/Goldleaf.nsp
> override_key=!R​

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Question: Is it possible to run this when selecting Album?

Using SDFiles 11.5 / Atmosphere... i updated the loader.ini file and replaced hbl.nsp to goldleaf but it crashed:

> [config]
> hbl_tid=010000000000100D
> hbl_path=atmosphere/Goldleaf.nsp
> override_key=!R​
That NSP is made to be installed as a regular title. The hbl.nsp is a NSP to be extracted and used as ExeFs. I personally dislike the idea of naming it as hbl.nsp, as it can create confussion. Better to use hbl.pfs or hbl.pfs0, which is more accurate.

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That NSP is made to be installed as a regular title. The hbl.nsp is a NSP to be extracted and used as ExeFs. I personally dislike the idea of naming it as hbl.nsp, as it can create confussion. Better to use hbl.pfs or hbl.pfs0, which is more accurate.

I see... well i guess this will be the first homebrew NSP I'll install... totally worth it

Thanks for your hard work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.