Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldleaf make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
amazing work! The delete function doesn't seem to work for me. I also tried "install and delete" on a NSP file and it didn't delete

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah there's a way to talk to the battery directly and shutdown from homebrew?
Is it a clean shutdown, or aggressive one? it might not be good if you have exfat, but at least now I know it can be done.
or maybe there's a way to tell the battery to shutdown later, and properly shutdown horizon?

Thinking about it, killing the BQ24193 resets the clock too. Long time since I`ve looked at it.

A better solution would be to send a command to both 77621 buck regulators then MAX77620 to properly shutdown. All via i2c.

EDIT: Looks like Hekate shuts down a similar way.

Last edited by mattytrog,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, am using dopus (n1dus). Is this better than that?
dOPUS is a dead project with its developer nowhere to be seen that used code from several other homebrew applications without giving proper credit thus spewing drama. This has none of that (well apart from a little drama).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
now that's above my knowledge. I don't know low level and chipset communication enough.
I looked quickly on the BQ24193 specs, but wouldn't want to mess with it. I'm not sure how much truth there was in the wrong voltage bricking rumor. I'll leave that to others, maybe we (homebrew in general, you, other devs) will find a proper way to shutdown one day.

Reactions: mattytrog

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
No notwork install?
Really?

If you want something that doesn't exist you are welcome to contribute to the public repo to get your XYZ feature added. You are also just as welcome to open a ticket about it on the repo.

I havn't asked, but im pretty sure this was released because someone on reddit posted about compiling goldleaf a few days ago on reddit, and since it was being spread around xortroll probably wanted to get ahead of it and do a official alpha/beta release instead of having people complain about a broken pre-release.

Im speculating, but I would imagine XorTroll would have wished to have more time to intergrate more features (like network install) and have a stable release before these builds were being floated around. This is one of the few downsides to having a public repository....people will compile and run buggy builds and then complain about it, possibly creating a unfair perception of the software before its ready for prime time.

Im also pretty sure that if you would have just asked when we can expect network install features XorTroll would have replied nicely and let you know when. Who knows, maybe he would have even given you a early build so you can test yourself?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So great, I think there's only two things need to make it perfect.
1 Support for multicontent NSPs, like those that you can make with NSCB. When one file have base game+upd+dlc.
2 XCI support, but that's already in todo list, as I see. Otherwise, beautiful piece of software.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I really want is homebrew to be able to transfer installed titles between NAND and SD. This would be useful for those who have to swap SD cards and decide they want to always have certain titles on-hand to avoid having to shut down and RCM with another SD card in.

Reactions: DARKFiB3R and iriez

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
if you cant find it I feel really sorry for you

It seems like you are in need of a hug and friendship. I know, its tough being a seagull in 7th grade. No matter how much you hover and shit on people they just keep throwing alka seltzer wrapped in bread at you. You just cant understand why everyone is so mean to you! Are you not doing the right thing by squaking incessantly at people? Do they not appreciate all the poop you so willingly gave out of your precious body and onto their heads?

Lets be nice to people who have done nothing to deserve unkindness eh? My first quoted reply to you was a rebuke with positive reinforcement. Im not sure you got the hint so here I am trying again.

Treat others how you wish to be treated. When you go into threads and ask a question (no matter how silly others may think it is) you would surely appreciate someone helping you yes? Poor xdarkmario was just looking at the old repo. A very understanding mistake considering this is the former developer of that repository.

I too ask stupid questions sometimes. Fortunately there are still nice people left in the world who don't turn into seagulls when asked.

I try to set a good example by helping people even when they are doing things I disagree with. Despite my vocal opposition to recent xecuter products, I still try to be generally helpful to those end users because most of them are not even aware of all the drama and are just trying to fix their switches.

Set the standard for others by being a good dude yourself. Its contagious and actually works. Leave your scorn and seagullery for those who deserve it. There's plenty of that round these parts, so save your negative energy.

Last edited by iriez,

Sayora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this have the network install features tinfoil did? Because I use fat32 and can't install larger nsp.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so tinfoil is now dead ? Goldleaf take over ?
Tinfoil has been dead for quite a while now but it got the job done. Goldleaf is more like a spiritual successor to Tinfoil although Adubbz, the original creator of Tinfoil, did hand over Tinfoil to XorTroll so in a way, Goldleaf is the replacement. Its more similar to how lockpick replaced kezplez for dumping keys; the original creator stopped supporting their tool and when another dev took over, they decide to make a new tool from the ground up that does the same functions but better.

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
And please keep the drama out there, go choose either this piece of art or other installers or multitools.
if you have auto-RCM it'll still go to RCM.
I don't know any app which really shutdown the console from Horizon.

they all use this :
bpcInitialize();
bpcShutdownSystem();
bpcExit();

which actually reboot with argument, and let the payload decide whether to load horizon or shutdown the console.

if you choose shutdown, you'll need to send a payload (like hekate) to really shutdown.
Using bpc services is the simple way to do a normal shutdown / reboot, direct RCM reboot can only be achieved via A
If you want something that doesn't exist you are welcome to contribute to the public repo to get your XYZ feature added. You are also just as welcome to open a ticket about it on the repo.

I havn't asked, but im pretty sure this was released because someone on reddit posted about compiling goldleaf a few days ago on reddit, and since it was being spread around xortroll probably wanted to get ahead of it and do a official alpha/beta release instead of having people complain about a broken pre-release.

Im speculating, but I would imagine XorTroll would have wished to have more time to intergrate more features (like network install) and have a stable release before these builds were being floated around. This is one of the few downsides to having a public repository....people will compile and run buggy builds and then complain about it, possibly creating a unfair perception of the software before its ready for prime time.

Im also pretty sure that if you would have just asked when we can expect network install features XorTroll would have replied nicely and let you know when. Who knows, maybe he would have even given you a early build so you can test yourself?
Not exactly though, those nightly builds are fine, and I had planned to release today or tomorrow since the end of November.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And for those who may miss some features such as network install, USBHDD or other features, keep in mind that this is the first release, and a beta too, more stuff is planned to be added!

Last edited by XorTroll,

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome!Congratulation on this:)

Couple of questions if that is ok:

1:Can I use this for updating my legit cart games?

2:If that is all I want to do with it,is it still as dangerous?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Installed 2 games with this and got "Could not connect to the internet." on both games.

Could this be because i have never connected to the internet with my swith before?

View attachment 153728 View attachment 153729
Was you trying to install the Nintendo online title that’s the only time I see that come up when I start it, it runs a check on my Nintendo Account to make sure it’s correct.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Ninn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s