Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldleaf make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Horizon does not expose the NCA header when mounting like he is doing, so there is no way for him to read the master key level. If the user provides keys.txt / prod.keys, he could go well out of his way to decrypt the header and try to figure out what is wrong, but that is a lot of work for very little gain.

He could try to make an assumption that the master key level for the nca's is the same as the ticket or rights id, but this is not always the case.
Fair enough, thanks for the info - I thought the required masterkey was info that could be obtained without encryption keys, guess not.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Great release! Congrats! Can't wait to try it out. Do you plan to implement sx os usb support in the future?

iyenal

iyenal222
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looking forward for local network drive support to install NCAs. But good job, this will make more convenient to install different packages.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Installed 2 games with this and got "Could not connect to the internet." on both games.

Could this be because i have never connected to the internet with my swith before?

IMG_20181230_183009_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20181230_182933.jpg

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Installed 2 games with this and got "Could not connect to the internet." on both games.

Could this be because i have never connected to the internet with my swith before?

View attachment 153728 View attachment 153729
Going to be honest, despite being banned I've never seen that before

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How abou turning off the switch feature? Does it really turn off? Or still reboot into auto-rcm in which it drains battery?
Press ZL/ZR anytime

Ok... that's a very long post. What does this actually DO for the end user right now that is of benefit?
It has much support, hence information about possible dangers, hence a long description

Great release! Congrats! Can't wait to try it out. Do you plan to implement sx os usb support in the future?
There are many things I could or plan to implement, so I'll have to make up my mind in order to choose the most relevant ones I guess

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
I noticed you didn't harp this project about lack of included licenses :) I thought you were the MIT / ISC license enforcer?

There is no official replacement for Tinfoil, as noone uses tinfoil code (unless you ask @iriez )

Its very simple. I thought that you were capable of processing basic english, but apparently I have to break it down real simple for you.....

Credits
Adubbz and all the (old) Tinfoil contributors, for their huge work with title installing.

That is called attribution. Something that real grown up's do when they build their work on others hard work. Something as little as not including a license does not bother me in the least when proper attribution is given as well as included source in public repositories.

Do you understand better now, or do I need to break these big words into smaller words so that you can understand? The moment you post your source and give credit (or post source to refute giving credit) then everything will be resolved. You can continue being a grown manchild about it for as long as you wish, its your reputation, not mine. Of course, having a nice big payoff from xecuter helps doesn't it?

Claiming you gave attribution by saying things like "Ideas from" and "drew inspiration from" are explicit ways of avoiding attribution. You've done nothing of the sort and your claims are laughable as well as steeped in deep irony coming from you. Kind of like this trademark nonsense I see you have on your repo. Tinfoil the trademark is owned by Oakley glasses. So you are actually infringing upon their trademark.

Last edited by iriez,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely release XorTroll.

Working great for an early release. Just had it on bench unit, works a treat.

Somebody asked if it was an official replacement for Tinfoil...

I`d say, yes. But not in name. Since some tool Trademarked it. Saddo.

Keep up the good work.

Its very simple. I thought that you were capable of processing basic english, but apparently I have to break it down real simple for you.....

That is called attribution. Something that real grown up's do when they build their work on others hard work. Something as little as not including a license does not bother me in the least when proper attribution is given as well as included source in public repositories.

Do you understand better now, or do I need to break these big words into smaller words so that you can understand? The moment you post your source and give credit (or post source to refute giving credit) then everything will be resolved. You can continue being a grown manchild about it for as long as you wish, its your reputation, not mine. Of course, having a nice big payoff from xecuter helps doesn't it?

Don`t take the bait iriez. He just frightened of someone stealing his thunder

Reactions: SaffronXL and iriez

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Lovely release XorTroll.

Working great for an early release. Just had it on bench unit, works a treat.

Somebody asked if it was an official replacement for Tinfoil...

I`d say, yes. But not in name. Since some tool Trademarked it. Saddo.

Keep up the good work.
As I was (and theoretically am, despite the project being no longer developed) the main developer of the ol' Tinfoil after Adubbz gave me that role, I do consider it the evolution of Tinfoil

Last edited by XorTroll,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i am capable of reading, you accused me of not including MIT license distribution, not neglecting credits. My project also gives credits / attribution in the readme. i’m just pointing out your hypocrisy :) feel free to comment about how goldleaf is breaking licenses by not including the licenses. Not a dig at xortroll, very very few people actually comply here. i’m just making fun of @iriez for selectively trying to stir shit up over it for projects he doesn’t like :)

As I was (and theoretically am, despite the project being no longer developed) the main developer of the ol' Tinfoil after Adubbz gave me that role, I do consider it the evolution of Tinfoil

he gave you code, that you are no longer using and he had to put his old repo back up. this isn’t an evolution in any sense of the word. it’s a new project.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How abou turning off the switch feature? Does it really turn off? Or still reboot into auto-rcm in which it drains battery?
if you have auto-RCM it'll still go to RCM.
I don't know any app which really shutdown the console from Horizon.

they all use this :
bpcInitialize();
bpcShutdownSystem();
bpcExit();

which actually reboot with argument, and let the payload decide whether to load horizon or shutdown the console.
if you choose shutdown, you'll need to send a payload (like hekate) to really shutdown.
I did some test here with other homebrew using these functions.

Last edited by Cyan,

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
And please keep the drama out there, go choose either this piece of art name
if you have auto-RCM it'll still go to RCM.
I don't know any app which really shutdown the console from Horizon.

they all use this :
bpcInitialize();
bpcShutdownSystem();
bpcExit();

which actually reboot with argument, and let the payload decide whether to load horizon or shutdown the console.

if you choose shutdown, you'll need to send a payload (like hekate) to really shutdown.
Using bpc services is the simple way to do a normal shutdown / reboot, direct RCM reboot can only be achieved via Atmosphere

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I know about the direct RCM with atmosphere.
I think the question was if it really can shutdown the console (and don't drain the battery) if you have auto-rcm installed.
but based on my tests, it doesn't. bpc only reboot the console with argument (0 or 1) to let the payload choose whether it has to shutdown or reload HOS. without a payload, it doesn't really shutdown but stays stuck in RCM.

Last edited by Cyan,

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, I know about the direct RCM with atmosphere.
I think the question was if it really can shutdown the console (and don't drain the battery) if you have auto-rcm installed.
but based on my tests, it doesn't. bpc only reboot the console with argument (0 or 1) to let the payload choose whether it has to shutdown or reload HOS. without a payload, it doesn't really shutdown and stay in RCM.
The way I`ve been doing it in code is by sending the i2c command straight to the BQ24193

Last edited by mattytrog,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah there's a way to talk to the battery directly and shutdown from homebrew?
Is it a clean shutdown, or aggressive one? it might not be good if you have exfat, but at least now I know it can be done.
or maybe there's a way to tell the battery to shutdown later, and properly shutdown horizon?

Last edited by Cyan,

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah there's a way to talk to the battery directly and shutdown from homebrew?
Is it a clean shutdown, or aggressive one? it might not be good if you have exfat, but at least now I know it can be done.
or maybe there's a way to tell the battery to shutdown later, and properly shutdown horizon?

Aggressive. Very :)

Reactions: SaffronXL and iriez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup