Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldleaf make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cannot seem to have any luck with this anymore.. used to work pretty nice.

On 0.5 release, I always get the error that the title is already installed. Someone mentioned "Replace NCA" option, but I don't see anything like that anywhere, and no google search gives any results... what is this?

If I try latest nightly build as of now, I get error "Metadata could not be located in the NCA(3)"...

Anyone know what's going on?

EDIT: Forgot to say some details.

Switch is 7.0.1 using ReiNX.

Replace (reinstall?) NCA is a tinfoil option, someone was confused. Lastest nightly is broken. I'd roll back to 6.2, 7.0.1 will cause you problems and there is no need to be on it.

Last edited by designgears,

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Cannot seem to have any luck with this anymore.. used to work pretty nice.

On 0.5 release, I always get the error that the title is already installed. Someone mentioned "Replace NCA" option, but I don't see anything like that anywhere, and no google search gives any results... what is this?

If I try latest nightly build as of now, I get error "Metadata could not be located in the NCA(3)"...

Anyone know what's going on?

EDIT: Forgot to say some details.

Switch is 7.0.1 using ReiNX.

Delete the game from the switch software setting and remove the tickets from goldleaf then try again

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seems like an unfortunate solution, as it happened over several games... Does this mean I should uninstall all and re-install each base + update?
Yea you can try that on affected games
I only had this happen to me once, maybe you can try other GUI like NS-USBloader?

Alir3za

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I have updated my switch to version 7, and ever since when I lunch goldleaf, it crashes when I press the home button on the controller.
can anyone help me?
I use goldleaf v0.5 and the latest atmosphere release

JBMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys
I have updated my switch to version 7, and ever since when I lunch goldleaf, it crashes when I press the home button on the controller.
can anyone help me?
I use goldleaf v0.5 and the latest atmosphere release
Press the + button to quit Goldleaf and other homebrews.

Reactions: Alir3za

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
SO i have tried installing a few games via USB but i always seem to get an error message.....

Error: 0x234a02
Module: FS (2)
Description: Invalid NCA (might mean missing sigpatches or a too low firmware) (4517)

I have the latest 0.5 of goldleaf installed and am on FW 7.0.1 on the Switch, the games install fine if i try and install them from the SD card so its not the nsp file thats the issue!.

Any ideas what the issue can be?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using the latest Goldleaf nightly on my just-hacked Switch.
I tired installing any NSP from my SD card, but right when I select "Yes" on the "ignore firmware" propmt, the Switch freezes for a while and then simply errors out with an Atmosphere error.

Did I miss something?

hallo23

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I removed 3 titles with Goldleaf today that were installed on my sdcard.
The titles are gone from the main menu but it didn't make any room on my sdcard.
How can I track them down on my sdcard to delete them?

Cheshy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So when I install games with Goldleaf, they always seem to end up corrupt and not working. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, any ideas?

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to install the base Cuphead game using OG Tinfoil but the update failed to install. The update installed just fine on Goldleaf though. SX OS 2.6.2, OFW 7.0.1.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Guys usb installing is not working for me anymore. I don't know what else to try. Everything was working just days ago so the drivers are fine. I already tried reinstalling the driver with zadig, restarting the pc and switch, using goldtree and nsusbinstaller, trying different usb ports. The pc is showing the switch connected in device manager. I tried lithium and nut server and it worked but not goldleaf. Please help. The only reaction I get from goldtree is when I disconnect the cable from the switch and goldtree says an invalid command was recieved. I'm on ns v.7.0.1 gl v5.0

Edit: Just tried OG Tinfoil 0.2.1 with ns-usbloader and it worked first try so the problem is with goldleaf specifically :unsure:

Edit 2: Just tried the nsp instead of the nro version and it's working so the problem is specifically with the nro somehow. I tried redownloading the nro but still. I'll keep using the nsp version for now but as soon as I press the home button I always get a fatal error. That's why I wanted to use the nro version and exit via +.

Last edited by JJTapia19,

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was able to install the base Cuphead game using OG Tinfoil but the update failed to install. The update installed just fine on Goldleaf though. SX OS 2.6.2, OFW 7.0.1.

seems to be a twofold issue from chatter on discord:

apparently some of hbg's updates are showing as having modified nca files because they removed deltas

and

goldleaf works with the broken update because goldleaf ignores the cert and uses it’s own, which is actually kind of bad

I dont have Cuphead or the update to test.. so can anyone verify either / both of the above comments?

Reactions: stick267

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems to be a twofold issue from chatter on discord:

apparently some of hbg's updates are showing as having modified nca files because they removed deltas

and

goldleaf works with the broken update because goldleaf ignores the cert and uses it’s own, which is actually kind of bad

I dont have Cuphead or the update to test.. so can anyone verify either / both of the above comments?
The same issue also happened with the Smash 3.0 update. If it also came from HBG then maybe this is the issue. I didn't get the NSPs directly from HBG so I'm not sure where they originated.

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldleaf does install NSPs from SD, yes. Don't know that there is much reason to upgrade unless you are on FW 7.x though.

Hey I just saw this, so I'm actually thinking about upgrading from 6.2 to 7.0.1 using Choi just to stay up to date with everything. I'm assuming the safe bet is to move to Goldleaf if I'm on 7.0.1 since GL is still being updated and I assume Dopus is a dead project, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.